OTHER ITA SITES:
10 Great Tips For Buying Car Tires Online
Cars need tires and it is best to buy new tires. The key is to get high quality car tires at low prices. The market online and offline is filled with a huge variety of tires. Choose tires with care and get a set of tires that are most suited to your car.
The first step in buying car tires is to follow recommendations made by the car manufacturer. Unless you are an auto mechanic or formula one car racer what the manufacturer recommends as suitable tires for the car are the best choice.
1. Get all the parameters right. From the side of the tires or your car manual jot down : vehicle application; tire width; aspect ratio; radial designation; wheel diameter; load index; speed rating; DOT; ply construction; load and pressure limits; tread wear and traction ratings.
2. Be smart shop around for the best deal locally as well as online.
3. Check aspects like factory warranties and shop guarantees before paying for the tires.
4. Know which features are important and find tires that will give you safety, longevity, and peace of mind.
5. Find out if you are buying online how the tires will be delivered to you, who will mount and balance the tires. Many online sites offer tires for great rates but you will have to pay for shipping as well as for a mechanic to fit the tires. So well before buying check out the instructions on the website and find out exactly how much it will cost to get new tires fixed on the car.
6. While many recommend buying refurbished tires in the long run new tires will stand you in good stead. While you may save money on purchase the wear and tear will be quicker.
7. Most people buy all season tires but in case you live in a snow bound or very wet region you may need special car tires for specific seasons. If in doubt consult an automotive expert.
8. Check whether the tires you are considering buying are for passenger vehicles and radial. Tubeless tires are great for urban roads that are well maintained.
9. Always get the tires fitted by an expert and ensure that balancing is done. Ask about how to prevent new tire wear and tear by rotating the tires/wheels.
10. Always replace tires in pairs. It is best to replace all four but in case of budget constrains then do the needful two at a time. The front wheels first followed by the back wheels. Never replace one in the front and the other at the back.
Read up about tires on the internet. When in doubt ask the manufacturer. If you care for your car and its tires then the car will serve you well.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure