|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
7 Ways To Prevent Yourself From Ovarian Cancer
Approximately 25,000 new cases are diagnosed annually. Estimates indicate that 1 in 67 women will develop ovarian cancer in her lifetime. Ovarian cancer accounts for 4.3% of all new cases of cancer. The exact causes of ovarian cancer are not known. However, studies show that the following technique may decrease the chance of developing this cancer.
- Persistent indigestion, gas or nausea
2. Reducing the amount of fat in the diet may lower the risk of developing ovarian cancer. Fruit and vegetable consumption have generally been found in epidemiologic studies to be associated with reduced risk for ovarian cancer.
3. Some studies have shown that taking birth control pills ( oral contraceptives ) with low levels of estrogen and progestin can reduce the risk of ovarian cancer. Women who had used any oral contraceptive had a 50 percent reduction in the risk of developing ovarian cancer than women who had never taken the Pill.
4. A history of breast cancer increases a woman’s risk of developing ovarian cancer.
5. Women who have never had children are more likely to develop ovarian cancer than women who have had children.
6. Always exercise has the potential to reduce a woman's chances of developing ovarian cancer.
7. If you have a history of ovarian cancer in your family ( especially your mother or sister ) , strongly consider seeing a doctor trained to care for ovarian cancer patients so that you can talk about screening and treatment options while you are disease-free.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure