|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
College Students Having Academic Difficulties
Students can sometime become overwhelmed with class work and assignments which could cause great deviancies in their grades. Students should know the avenues and routes that they can take to assist in addressing problems in academics before they become horrendous.
2. If a student is barely passing a class he or she may want to be withdrawn (WN) or (W) from the class by the professor and receive and (I) grade which indicates they are currently in good standing but are subject to receiving a failing grade.
3. If students choose to follow the information above (2) they can later complete the coursework and still get a good grade if they are at least passing the course at the time of the withdrawal, but subject to failing if they continue.
4. Students should realize that an “F” grade will cause substantial damage even to a GPA of 3.00 or better, so it is better to withdraw or drop the class than to receive a bad grade.
5. See an academic advisor to assist them in class selection to help insure student is not taking a heavy load of classes that may be detrimental to them during the semester.
6. Develop continuous contact with your instructor from beginning to end of the semester which provides a good relation with you and your instructor.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure