|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
How To Make Learning A Pleasure : A Guide For Teachers
The main problem faced by todayís teacher is that they feel students are loosing interest in studies. If we look from the studentís perspective then students feel that whatever is taught to them in schools is boring. Being a teacher, I faced these problems and tried to solve them. Based on my experiences, some of the solutions to increase interest and curiosity in students towards studies are:
1. In a class of 30-40 students there may be more than 20-25 hobbies now the teacherís job is to correlate these hobbies with their studies. Suppose a student has a hobby of collecting stamps. The History teacher can ask the students to bring all stamps with Famous personalities printed on it and with the help of these stamps, the lesson can be made interesting. Other student may like something else that can make our classroom teaching well.
2. What would happen if Ö.. For example a science teacher while teaching about sun and universe can ask what would happen if these will be no nights/days. Let student give different answers and write all of them point wise on the Board. This will develop imagination and creativity among students and they will learn importance of the rotation of earth and the functioning of solar system.
3. Generally a few students leads group discussion and others remain quite. This tendency create inferiority complex among those who did not participated in discussion. We know that all students are not equally skilled. Therefore it is better to make 4-5 groups in the class have almost same level of communication skill. This division is good only not for slow learners but also effective for the high achievers.
4. Boring theory classes make student dull and inactive. Suppose a teaching about germination of seeds and reproduction in plants. The best way to teach this concept is to assign students some task such as they may be instructed to put same grains in a wet cotton cloth and observe after 8-12 hours. The student will learn more effectively while doing this.
5. The teacher should not expect correct response from the student, every time. In case, the student unable to give correct response, the teacher must not scold his/her rather than doing this the student must be given some clues/hint and encourage to reach the correct answer.
I have successfully implemented these techniques to make learning a pleasure for my students. The results were encouraging and they inspired me to think more about making the process of learning a joy for students.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure