|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Christmas Recipes: Main Dishes. No.1 of 12 - Crispy Fish Spaghetti
Sultanas (optional), 50 g (2 oz)
1. Anchovies should be drained and the oil kept. The fish should be cut into bite sizes. Take 45 ml of warm water and soak the sultanas for 10 minutes.
2. Prepare crushed garlic. Combine anchovies, garlic, fennel, pine nuts, olive oil and breadcrumbs.
3. Cook till crisp and brown turning occassionally. 200 deg C (400 F) for about 20 minutes. Add parsley and drained sultanas.
4. Combine bay leaf, peppercorns, fish, salt, white wine and water (300 ml, 10 fl oz). Cook in a shallow vessel below the breadcrumb mixture for about 15 minutes, till cooked. Separate the fish from the liquid.
5. Reduce the strained liquid in a pan to about 60 ml (4 tsp). AT the same time cook the spaghetti in salted water (boiling) till tender (10-12 minutes). Sieve the spaghetti and mix with the reduced liquid at high heat for a couple of minutes.
6.To present; Add the fish to the spaghetti. Add the breadcrumbs and garnish with lemon and parsley.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure