|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
19 Best Home Remedies for Acidity
Read this article to know the best Home Remedies for Acidity. First of all let me tell you what is Acidity?
Acidity refers to a set of symptoms caused by an inequity. More names for acidity are hyperacidity or acid dyspepsia. Acid reflux or Acidity is one of the most normal diseases that cause heart burns in the upper body
Acidity can be a result of inappropriate dietary regimen or stress. It is a problem which when left unattended to, results in peptic ulcer and other complications. It is quite a simple problem when it begins, but it can get out of hand easily if not taken critically. It means the excess secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach.
The usual signs of heartburn are a burning sensation or pain in the stomach after one to four hours of a meal. The too much secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach causes acidity. Acidity can be a result of improper dietary regimen or stress
The too much secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach causes acidity. Some causes of acidity include Alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, chocolate, citrus, tomato, peppermint, fried and fatty foods, over-eating, stress, some medications, and being overweight. Acid Reflux Disease causes harms to the esophagus as the acidic contents from the stomach, containing acids and pepsin, pushes back to the esophagus since the sphincter develops into weak and can no-more prevent the contents from stomach from gushing back in esophagus
Skipping meals, not eating on time, fried and spicy food, stress, anxiety, insomnia, obesity, pregnancy, smoking, alcohol, and wearing tight clothes can give you hyperacidity and heartburn.
Acidity is a problem that occurs very commonly; so going in for medications every time doesn't seem to be a very good thought. Some home remedies can be used to treat and prevent acidity.
Here is a list of some best Home Remedies for Acidity:
Home Remedies for Acidity
1) Eat a cup of vanilla ice cream or drink a glass of cold milk to get rid of acidity. This is an easy Home Remedy for Acidity
2) Raita prepared with fresh curd, grated cucumber, fresh coriander, tomato is a sure shot remedy in aiding digestion, and helps eliminate acidity.
3) Mint: Fresh mint juice taken every day or fresh mint leaves boiled in a cup of water and sipped slowly after meals also helps to keep the stomach acids at bay
4) Mint juice before meals keeps acidity at bay. This is another good Home Remedy for Acidity.
5) Chewing 5-6 basil leaves relieves flatulence and acidity.
6) Half a glass of fresh pineapple juice should be taken after a meal for treating and preventing acidity
7) A piece of jaggery or gur after lunch and dinner prevents acidity
8) A very simple remedy for acidity is thin butter-milk mixed with 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper powder
9) 9) One of the common Home Remedies for Acidity - Onion (pyaz): The juice of onions is an excellent remedy for acidity.
10) Habitual eating habits and a healthy diet can prevent acidity
11) Drink plenty of water (at least 6 to 8 glasses per day) and other fluids to maintain the acid balance in the stomach
12) A sherbet made with kokum and jeera reduces acidity
13) Lemon rind can also be eaten to prevent heartburn
14) A glass of cold milk provides instant relief. This is an effective Home Remedy for Acidity
15) Eat almonds to give relief to symptoms of acidity
16) Chew a few holy basil (tulsi ) leaves to get relief
17) Bananas, watermelon and cucumber have protective action against the acidity and heart burn
18) Lemon: Juice of one lemon mixed in half glass of water and ½ teaspoon sugar if consumed before meals helps to relieve acidity and is a good Home Remedy for Acidity
19) When suffering from acidity, drink five to eight glass of coconut water a day.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure