|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Bingo Etiquette: How to Play and Win the Game Ethically
Bingo is a popular past time among Americans. Itís been around for ages and is a well-loved game of families and friends all over the world. We must remember that bingo is still a game and players need to exercise courtesy and sportsmanship towards one another to keep it all in the name of good, clean fun. Here are guides and some doís and doníts to remember to enjoy the game better.
When youíre in the bingo hall, do the following:
* Always pay attention to the host as he calls out the drawn numbers.
* Pay close attention to the game you are playing. Make sure you are marking your cards well.
* If you get bored with bingo, try other variations of the game like keno.
* Do keep your kids at bay. If youíre bringing your kids in a bingo hall with you, donít let them run around and cause a ruckus. If you canít leave your kids at home, bring recreational materials for them to play with while youíre playing bingo.
* Think before you yell Ďbingo!í. Make sure you really have all the numbers in the pattern before claiming to be a winner. Calling bingo falsely disrupts the game and messes up the concentration of your fellow players.
* Bingo halls and cigarettes are very synonymous to each other. Smoke only in designated places in the bingo hall.
When youíre in the bingo hall, donít do the following:
* Do not talk excessively to the point that youíre disrupting other players as they concentrate on their game. Be sensitive to your fellow bingo players who are there to seriously play the game.
* Do not run over any player when youíre running to the front to claim your winnings.
* Be a sport; donít be angry if someone else is proclaimed the winner. Thatís how any game goes. Thereís a winner and thereís always a loser. Be mature and gracious in handling defeat.
* Do not hog all the table space by spreading your bingo cards and personal belongings all over the table.
* Donít grab someoneís lucky seat. Some players have their so-called lucky seats. Do not ever sit on one of your fellow playerís lucky seat.
* Donít get angry with the host. Heís just doing his job as a number drawer and caller. If the number heís calling out is not in your cards, donít get mad at him. Itís not his fault. Donít take your frustrations on the game to other players and the host.
Online bingo chat room etiquette:
* Do not use derogatory or swear words in chat rooms.
* Donít type using capital letters. Even if youíre not angry and you do this, people might be in the impression that you are mad.
* As with any other game, donít be a sore loser! Show respect to the winner by telling him Ďcongratulationsí.
* Use an appropriate username. Make sure your username will not be offensive to other people. Be sensitive to other peopleís feelings, even if itís just online.
* Donít hog the chat room. Give other people a chance to talk.
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B