|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
8 Tips On How To Stop Blushing
Why do people blush, and is it something they can control? People blush because it's caused by their natural mentality, one which tells them that a particular occurrence is embarrassing. So, why would a person be embarrassed? Because of many reasons, mostly those related to criticism, rejection, anticipation, social anxiety, low self-esteem and self-perceived inadequacy.
A person who tends to blush easily may show social withdrawal, because going in red in the face for the slightest thing is something they want to avoid. Other signs of how blushing can affect a person's life are:
* Extreme sensitivity to rejection or criticism
Blushing is something that's hard to control, especially if you have a lot of other self-related issues. Here are a few tried-and-tested methods on how to stop blushing.
2) Accept it. While some conversation is going on, you blush, make little of it, if any at all. Simply say “I blush easily” and brush it off and the likelihood of anyone teasing you about it will be very less.
3) Don't feel embarrassed about blushing, there's no need to be. Admit it to yourself and let it pass. Develop confidence and tell yourself it's no big deal, and the chances are, it won't be.
4) If public speaking makes you blush, think how other people see you. The probability is they see you as a courageous and confident person, just because you stood up to speak. So, there's nothing embarrassing about that, is there? There's really nothing to blush about.
5) Apply a thin film of oil-free moisturizer on your face. This'll keep the skin cool if your skin burns when you blush. Don't try to cover the blushing with make-up, that just doesn't work. To cover the reddening, you'll probably need half a rouge container, which will be grossly overdoing it.
6) Try to stay near an air-conditioner when you are at social gatherings. The cooling air tends to lessen the reddening. Also, if you keep a damp cloth (even babywipes will work) you can wipe your face with it as soon as you feel a blush coming.
7) Interact with people more often. Since blushing is a sure sign of less confidence, improving your self-confidence will take you a long way towards developing an immunity to blushing.
8) Don't be a quitter, keep practicing. Nothing comes easy and quitting because you can't do it will never solve your problem. Stop being too hard on yourself, because quitting habits is not an easy thing to do.
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B