|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
25 Simple Blog SEO and Traffic Tips
This is a nice concise list of 25 ways to greatly increase your blog's traffic and search rankings.
1) Content is king!
2) Submit your site to as many search engines as possible. After the initial indexing I would recommend resubmitting every 6 months.
3) Comment on as many blogs as possible. Make your comments thoughtful and not spammy.
4) Link up with popular blogs - trackbacks can be good for SEO as well as your traffic.
5) Write a good article and post it on a site like http://www.digg.com, although this won't help as far as traffic goes (you will get a HUGE boost for a few hours, then it will tone back down, you probably won't get any permanent readers from Digg) and it sure doesn't help with your relationship with your web host, it can create some new inbound links.
6) Use http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/ . Instead of the GoogleBot searching for your pages you can tell it where your pages are. This is a great way to get your whole site indexed.
7) Content is king!
8) Get listed on web directories like http://www.dmoz.com/. Although many SEO "experts" think it is overrated no one disagrees that it can help boost your site's rankings.
9) Add some links for feed readers and blog aggregators like http://www.bloglines.com/, http://www.google.com/reader/, and http://myweb.yahoo.com/.
10) Add some social bookmarking links at the bottom of each post
11) Make it easy for your users to find your RSS feed
12) Add a "E-mail This!" link either on the header or the footer of each post
13) Content is king! (see a pattern?)
14) If you write a really good post try e-mailing the URL to some big-name bloggers with a short personalized message. You never know, they might like it and link to it.
15) Try asking some big sites who are in your niche if they would like to trade links. More often than not they will say "no", but at least give it a try.
16) Don't obsess over "get rich quick" schemes.
17) Don't obsess over "get lots of traffic really quick" schemes.
18) Submit your RSS feed to a bunch of RSS directories, http://www.rss-specifications.com/rss-directory.htm has a large list of popular directories.
19) Use http://pingomatic.com/ to notify a ton of aggregators that your site has been updated.
20) Don't obsess over the numbers - it takes time to build up a good reader base.
21) Make your posts as keyword rich as possible. Whenever you can use a word that has to do with your niche, use it!
22) Use lists, especially if your site is targeted towards more tech-savvy users
23) If you have a MySpace page or a home page on a similar service put up a link to your blog.
24) Tag important keywords, using this site ( http://www.richardrodger.com/tags.htm ) you can tag keywords.
25) Last but not least, offer free stuff. Everyone loves free stuff!
The really important thing you have to remember is, just have fun. If your blog is causing you to become stressed out then it probably is not a good idea to continue blogging.
If your readers can tell you are having fun while providing good content they will become permanent readers.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure