|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
5 Steps To Laundering Your Flame Resistant Work Coats
When it comes to purchasing your new flame resistant work coats, you will discover that the choosing is a lot easier if you understand the laundering directions. These instructions will act as a guideline allowing you to get the maximum life and usage out of your new outerwear. In addition, you will discover that laundering your new outerwear is an essential part of insuring your own safety on the job.
If you purchased or are considering the purchase of flame resistant coats, chances are good you need this added level of protection. Without this high level of protection, you would not rest easy knowing your life was safe while working in less than optimal circumstances. These pieces of outerwear fit easily over your t-shirt or work shirt, and you will discover this is going to protect your torso extremely well.
These flame resistant work coats need to offer the same level of protection after each laundering cycle. This means there are a few steps you should take to insure you get the most out of your outerwear.
Be aware of the difference between a home laundering and an industrial wash. The majority of flame resistant work coats can handle both forms of laundering. However, knowing when one is optimal and when one is not so optimal is an important part of your decision. Industrial laundering is recommended if you are not sure of which method to use and home laundering is recommended for those that understand why one is more beneficial than the other.
If you can launder your FR outerwear at home, there are a few steps you should use to insure that this is safe process guaranteeing maximum life out of your flame resistant work coats.
1. Launder in the appropriate temperatures. There will be instructions when you purchase a new garment. The majority of these garments can be laundered according to the need and the color. Remember, the directions by the manufacturer always comes first.
2. When washing your outerwear, you will want to use a high quality laundry detergent. Many of the lower qualities will not do the job according to the need. Purchasing a high quality detergent is going to benefit you more. Invest the extra money for your investment of flame resistant work coats.
3. The garments should also be washed separately from household laundry. You do not want to get the grime from your household laundry into or onto your specialized garment. On the other hand, you will not want those hazardous substances onto your household laundry.
4. Consider washing your washing machine by running an empty load if you have an exceptionally “dirty” load with your FR outerwear. This will insure the security of your household laundry. You can add baking soda to this empty load to help wash your washing machine more thoroughly.
5. Drying your flame resistant work coat is going to be easy with any dryer. You may need to dry solo, and you should never dry on maximum heat. A mellow, medium level of heat will serve your purposes well.
Remember, safety first, and all your laundering experiences will go smoothly and without harm to anyone or anything.
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B