|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Art, Music, And Food Imaginings of Pittsburgh Holiday
Pittsburgh is the second biggest city of Pennsylvania and the 22nd biggest metro area in the United States. Residents are fondly called Pittsburghers. Whilst the city is known for bridges of all kinds, it has been referred to as “The Bridge Capital” or “The City of Bridges”. Since steel and iron industries once occupied Pittsburgh, its other nickname is “The Steel City.”
But, the steel and iron-clad city is gone, Pittsburgh now boasts of social modernity compounded with the conventions of historic buildings. It was even tagged as “America’s Most Livable City” in 2007 and “America’s Best City for Relocating Families” in 2008.
But why should a vacationer spend his time in a Pittsburgh vacation?
Art for Art’s Sake
• Carnegie Museums are composed of the Carnegie Museum of Art and the Carnegie Museum of Natural History. The Carnegie Museum of Art is a gallery of painting and architectural exhibits. Paintings range from the impressionism, to post impressionism, and to modernism. The Carnegie Museum of Natural History is a place for artifacts on prehistory and geographical information.
• Frick Art & Historical Center displays Italian, to French, and to Italian paintings of artist Henry Clay Frick. Aside from his paintings, it also collects Frick’s automobiles like the 1914 Rolls Royce model and his restored Frick Mansion.
• Andy Warhol Museum is an art place for Warhol’s pop art and movies. It also collects old and significant cans of Campbell’s soup, portraits of famous celebrities, and hosts quirky performances and show screenings.
Pittsburgh vacation brags of eating districts such as the South Side, The Strip District, Downtown District, and Mount Washington.
• The Sharp Edge. A cozy and cool restaurant that offers food and pin ball machine for fun game.
• Pizzaiolo is everything Italian at its best – in a Pittsburgh setting. This is the best food highlight for Pittsburgh with superb servings of pizza, desserts, and a wine list of 200 Italian kinds.
• Taj Mahal is the Indian dining and culture choice to check out in the city. Voted as the Best Indian Restaurant for four consecutive years.
Music and Life
Although, Pittsburgh is piled with many nightlife clubs and bars, there is one music festival for a unique city experience of music and life. The annual event Three River Arts Festival is an organized event for music lovers and foodies. Are you one? Then, you should give your money a run for loud and live music, delectable food choices, art, and more art for your life.
I can say that a Pittsburgh vacation is not your regular vacation itinerary. Although the city has its normal share of museums, parks, wildlife, restaurants, shopping sections, and both indoor and outdoor activities, the neighborhood and building constructions of the city are already a vacation treat for everyone. Where else can you see a blend of the century-long building designs standing on the crossroads of conventionality and modern lifestyle? It is definitely just in a Pittsburgh vacation.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure