Family Vacation Money Saving Tips
Being a Orlando travel insider, we are revealing our secrets, and rounded up the best ways to cut costs on your next family vacation to Orlando. It all adds up....
- Put a lid on gas prices. Your best Orlando, FL travel friend on the road should be www.gasbuddy.com, a website that surveys prices at gas stations across the country. You can find a gas station closest to you--wherever you are-- with the cheapest rates. Dont go more than a few blocks out of your way to get the lower price or you will burn in gas what you saved in cash.
- Get an eticket. When you book your flights, ask for an email confirmation, even if it needs to be send to a neighbors computer. Some airlines charge $25 if you request a paper ticket.
- Dont change your mind. Since the travel downturn after September 11, most airlines have added a penalty fee of about $100 per ticket for flight changers on nonrefundable tickets, so have a firm plan before you book your reservation to Orlando, FL.
- Check the discount airlines. Big online travel agencies (such as Orbitz, Travelocity, and Expedia) are great for finding low fares, but some of the discount airlines--including Southwest Airlines (www.southwest.com) and Jetblue (www.jetblue.com)--aren't included in their price comparisons. Go to the airlines' sites to find out whether they offer better deals. Others to try: Spirit Airlines (www.spiritair.com), Song (www.flysong.com), Airtran Airways (www.airtran.com) and Frontier Airlines (www.frontierairlines.com)
- Brown Bag it. Many discount airlines are able to offer lower rates because they dont serve snacks or meals on board. Avoid the inflated prices of airport food by packing your own.
- Get a free breakfast. You dont have to stay at a bread-and-breakfast to get a free morning meal for your family. All-suites hotels, such as Holiday Inn offer FREE breakfast that can save you about $10 per person. No breakfast? Ask the hotel for a refrigerator in your room, and buy the things you need for one or more meals per day so you dont have to eat in the pricey hotel restaurant or go ahead an rent a spacious Orlando Villa.
- Don't get hosed for making phone calls. If your staying at the Wyndam Hotel for example sign up for special program or ensure the villas in Orlando offer free local calls. Otherwise, use your cell phone for all calls or buy a prepaid calling card in advance.
- Save on rental car insurance. Many credit cards offer automatic insurance on rental cars, so you probably won't need the package the rental company offers if you pay with your card. Just check with your credit card company before the trip. Also check with your auto insurance carrier to see if your plan includes rental cars.
- Sign up for e-Rewards. Get $1 toward Hertz car rentals, American Airline tickets, and Hilton Hotel rooms for every e-mail you read when you sign up at www.e-rewards.com.
Be sure you do your comparison of villas, hotels, inns, resorts to ensure you find the best fit before making your trip into Orlando FL.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure