OTHER ITA SITES:
8 Forbidden Foods For Weight Loss
1.Caffeine - this is not just applicable coffee or tea but also to anything that has caffeine in it like some sodas. Along the same lines, cut out any beverage that contains aspartame (Nutra Sweet), high fructose corn syrup, or refined sugar. Since you need to drink a lot of water in order to lose weight, try water with a slice of lemon or lime in it.
2. Alcohol is a no-no in any weight loss plan. Itís alright to drink a glass of wine with dinner, but not the entire bottle. Thereís no quicker way to pack on the pounds than to drink excessive amounts of alcohol Ė even the ones that claim they have fewer calories. Moderation is the key with alcoholic beverages!
3. Boxed Pre-Packaged Foods - as a general rule, stay away from a lot of these products. If you cannot recognizethe ingredients you should just avoid them. In other words, anything with a lot of chemicals on the ingredient list are not going to be good for your diet.
4.White rice, while very filling, contains starches that can inhibit your weight loss. Stick to brown rice instead . Pasta mixes are usually also not good because of the starches they contain. Stick to whole grain pastas instead. They taste just as good.
5. Breads - white breads should also be avoided. Whole grain breads provide you with the carbohydrates you need and are less processed than the white breads. Be sure the bread you choose is made with whole wheat flour instead of just wheat flour. Believe me, it makes a difference. If you love Mexican food, stick to whole wheat flour tortillas or corn tortillas when you choose your burritos, enchiladas, or soft tacos.
6. Canned and Jar Foods - anything that is canned or jarred needs to be free of excessive chemicals. If the label contains ingredients with more than four syllables or are hyphenated, it wonít be good for your diet. Chicken broth can be very fatty, so stay away. So are many soup mixes. The good news is that there are plenty of light or low fat choices out there. These are the ones you should choose.
Commercially-made tomato sauces or tomato based sauces contain ridiculously huge amounts of sugar and salt. A better choice is to make these sauces yourself where you can control what goes into it. If itís been canned, itís been cooked thus it loses some of its most beneficial nutrients. They can also contain processed or refined sugars, so stick to fresh fruits and vegetables instead. If you have to have a little oil to cook your foods in, choose extra virgin olive oil over the vegetable or corn based oils.
7. Meats - choose only lean meats to get your protein intake. It is commonly known that you should try to stay away from red meats like beef. Choose fresh fish instead of canned ones and be sure itís of the lower fat variety. This includes salmon, tilapia, and cod. Donít bread your fish either, broil it or grill it to get rid of any residual fat that might remain. White meat chicken breasts are better than dark meat because the darker meat contains more fat. The same applies to turkey. Tuna is always a good choice Ė even if itís canned. Just be sure to get the tuna canned in water Ė not oil!
8. Dairy - skim milk should be your first choice over whole milk. However avoid drinking too much milk, because it naturally contains some fats that can turn into unnecessary fat on you! Cheese, is unfortunately is also a big no-no during dieting. You can, however, find low-fat or fat-free cheese in most grocery stores, so always pick these first. But use it sparingly! Eggs are all right on your diet, but youíre better off to use only the whites . Egg substitutes are a great way to get your egg fix, so look for these in the store as well. Fat-free sour cream is alright in moderation, but try to substitute with plain yogurt instead.
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B