|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
GPS Vehicle Tracking Systems: Do I Need One? - Articles Surfing
GPS vehicle tracking systems are more affordable and more popular than ever before, but do you need one? Take this short quiz and keep track of your 'yes' answers. I'll help you total your score and decide after you finish.
Step One: Take Quiz
1. Do I use vehicles in my business? Yes/No
(The definition of 'vehicles' includes heavy, medium and light-duty vehicles, construction equipment (dozers, graders, backhoes, etc), cars, motorcycles, RV's, pick-up trucks, vans, tractor trailers, buses, trailers, dump trucks, snow plows, limousines, taxis, etc.)
2. Have any of my vehicles been stolen in the past? Yes/No
3. I'd like to know what is going on and where my employees/vehicles are during the day: Yes/No
4. I'd like to reduce my fuel expenses and know if any of my vehicles are wasting gas: Yes/No
5. Being able to give my customers accurate and precise arrival/delivery estimates is important to me: Yes/No
6. It is important to know if any of my vehicles are used after hours or on weekends for non-business purposes: Yes/No
7. I'd like save up to 30% on my vehicle insurance: Yes/No
8. It is important to know if my employees are speeding or otherwise abusing my vehicles: Yes/No
9. If any of my employees are using my vehicles to 'moonlight' or do work without my knowledge, I'd want to know: Yes/No
10. Knowing about mechanical problems before they become expensive to fix is important: Yes/No
11. If any of my vehicles are ever stolen, I'd like to locate them within minutes: Yes/No
12. I'd like to have vehicle use data to compare with overtime requests as a way to guard against errors and fraud: Yes/No
13. I'd like a reminder when it is time to do routine maintenance on my vehicles: Yes/No
14. Occasionally, customers question when we were at their location, having the exact date and time recorded in our tracking system would really help in those cases: Yes/No
15. I'd like to help my employees be more productive by seeing where they go each day: Yes/No
Step Two: Total Your *Yes* Answers
Add up your 'yes' answers.
* Fewer than 7 'yes' answers:Thanks for taking the quiz, you don't appear to want/need a vehicle tracking system.
* 7 to 11 'yes' answers: Thanks for taking the quiz. You could greatly benefit from a vehicle tracking system.
* More than 11 'yes' answers: Thanks for taking the quiz. You need a vehicle tracking system.
By the way, every question above (except question 1 & 2) is answered by using GPS vehicle tracking systems.
Step Three: Cost vs. Gain
The average business owner recoups their investment in GPS vehicle tracking systems within 6 * 12 months after purchase. Of course, your ROI may vary. Recovering one stolen vehicle may pay for your entire tracking system.
Vehicle tracking helps you reduce operating costs and boosts productivity.
Tracking systems reduce vehicle costs by putting a spotlight on speeding employees, who waste fuel, cause excessive engine wear and drive up insurance rates. Vehicle tracking systems will also remind you when it's time for preventive maintenance, like oil changes, helping you keep your vehicles on the road and making you money.
GPS vehicle tracking systems improve productivity by:
* documenting long lunch hours,
* exposing unauthorized breaks,
* comparing driver overtime requests with system reports of driver activity,
* highlighting unauthorized vehicle use after hours and on weekends,
* eliminating driver logs.
Many insurance companies offer discounts of up to 30% for vehicles protected with tracking systems.
Step Four: Due Diligence
GPS vehicle tracking systems are outstanding tools for vehicle and fleet management, but you need to find the right system for you. Take a look at the different types of GPS vehicle tracking systems.
Check a company's hardware and software, as well as their monthly data access plan. You'll also need to decide whether to buy or lease your GPS tracking system.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet