|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
The Most Dependable Ford Parts Online Store Offers Tips to Improve Fuel Economy and Fuel Efficiency
Today, as fuel prices continue to escalate, more car buyers are contemplating on getting small passenger cars instead of bigger vehicles such as those top-selling trucks and SUVs from Ford, giving up what they really need and want for the sake of saving more on fuel expenses.
Although it is true that bigger vehicles consume more fuel, it doesn�t mean they are less fuel efficient. Fuel efficiency is getting the most amount of energy from every amount of fuel that enters the engine. It means that the vehicle is able to make full use of the fuel it gets.
http://www.carpartsmax.com takes pride to bring to you top quality automotive parts for Ford, the leading brand of trucks, Sport Utility Vehicles, cars and minivans. Like Ford, this number one Ford Parts Discount store provides Ford users top choices of products at very affordable prices. It makes sure to give you the best deals ever without compromising the quality of replacement Ford parts ( http://www.carpartsmax.com/ford-parts.html ) and its services.
Ford Parts Discount store also features Ford radiator and Ford alternators that come in very exciting deals that are sure to make shopping for quality auto parts a lot more fun for you.
Ford Parts Online believes your Ford vehicle�a truck, a sport utility or a car can be fuel efficient and can have better gas mileage by upgrading its original Ford parts and by improving your driving habits.
Here are some fuel saving tips from Ford Parts Online�things you can do with your Ford truck or Ford SUV so you won�t have to trade it for a smaller and less useful car:
1. Avoid abrupt acceleration and deceleration. Driving fast doesn�t mean driving more efficiently. You should speed up smoothly and gradually to save fuel, especially when you are driving your Ford truck on an elevated area.
2. Reduce weight of your vehicle. You can do this by unloading some unnecessary cargoes. If you have to replace some of your body parts, say your Ford hood, Ford tailgate and Ford fenders, replace them with those made of carbon fiber material that is light yet very durable.
3. Your engine is a major contributing factor to your vehicle�s fuel efficiency and over-all performance. You can make it more fuel efficient by turbo charging the engine or replacing some of the worn out Ford engine parts. Turbo diesel engines under 1.4 L are the most fuel efficient engines in terms of power per unit displacement.
4. Moreover, make sure that the engine is well tuned.
5. Make sure your Ford wheels are properly aligned and your tires are well inflated.
6. If your Ford is equipped with a manual transmission, use the highest gear possible.
7. When driving at high speeds, make sure that your windows are closed to avoid aerodynamic drag. At low speeds, you can put off the AC system and open the windows instead to save fuel. Likewise, it is important to check that all AC system parts especially the Ford AC condenser is at perfect working condition.
8. Avoid idling, especially for more than 10 seconds.
The abovementioned are only a few of the things that you can do to save on fuel consumption. Planning your trips and avoiding unnecessary travels can also help you prevent yourself from going to the gasoline station more often and thus save your money for something more worthwile.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure