|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Things to Keep in Mind after an Automobile Accident - Articles Surfing
In the state of California, being among one of the most heavily populated state as compared with other states in the Union, automobile accident occurrences on the roads and highways remain alarmingly high. Particularly in the Los Angeles County, many auto accidents are accountable to tragic deaths and numerous injuries of native residents, tourists and transients.
If you or a loved one of yours became involved in an automobile accident, it is understandable to be totally upset and at a loss so much so that handling the situation immediately after the incident is too stressing. There is just too many that need to be given attention like paper work, police reports along with your recovery from the injuries you have sustained to wear out your patience.
However, if you already have prior knowledge or even a basic concept of the entire process you have to undergo right after the accident occurred, then you may be able to survive this troublesome matter. You may even come out triumphant over the legal issues involved.
You may probably know the basic things to keep in mind in dealing with vehicle accidents immediately after it occurred. However, there are several additional reminders that are equally as significant that you have to remind yourself about:
* During the exchange of insurance information, it is important that you systematically document all of the data provided to you by the other drivers involved in the incident. Here are the essential data that you need to take down:
- all the names of the other drivers and their passengers
- their corresponding addresses
- the names of their insurance companies
- their policy numbers, carefully noting down each of the policies' respective effective dates
- note if the insurance card has already expired
- get the driver's name since the name of the insured may be different from the driver
- secure a copy of the driver's license number and verify the age they have indicated
* Do not fall into the mistake of approaching witnesses at the actual scene of the accident. If observed to have done this, there may be arguments later on that you have tried to influence them just to cover up the events.
What should you do then, if you happen to overhear witnesses talking about how the accident transpired? Take note of what you have overheard and provide this information to the authorities.
* Take note if the other drivers smelled of alcohol or have indications of being under the influence of liquor or other abusive substance.
* Heighten your awareness also of criminal and other suspicious activity that may be indicated from the other parties involved.
* Make sure that you have taken note of the proper method in securing a copy of the police report from the police officers that responded in the scene of the accident and talked with you about it.
Insurance companies usually demand to be provided with the police report. As victim, you may be able to secure a copy of the report faster that the insurance company.
Having a ready copy of the official police report may be helpful in speeding up the process of your insurance claim.
* Do not forget to seek medical attention even if you feel you were not really injured after an accident. Some injuries do not surface until about a few days after the actual accident has happened. Obtain copies of the medical reports regarding your injuries, if ever findings turn out that you sustained some.
* Do not wait long before informing the insurance company about your accident. If possible, make sure to consult with a competent automobile accident attorney before doing any legal step.
Get to know more about the things you have to do after an automobile accident through the assistance of LA County Automobile accident lawyers at http://www.expertlosangelesattorney.com/LosAngelesAutomobileAccidentAttorney.html
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet