|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Cheap Car Rental - Articles Surfing
In today's world of marketing and undercutting the competition, it's often difficult for a person to know when they are truly getting a good deal with a car rental company. Typically, most people will just go ahead with the deal, even if they feel like it may not be the most beneficial to them, simply to avoid the hassle of comparative shopping or trying to haggle with a sales person. Prices in general have been increasing lately, especially gas prices, and while this has affected car rentals as well, we have a few tips to keep your car rentals relatively cheap. Take a look at these, you'll be glad that you did.
1. Use the internet to reserve cheap car rentals, rather than renting over-the-counter. Many internet sites offer "internet only" discounts -- use them to your advantage and you will save a lot. This is what many savvy car renters will do.
2. Get the very best deal from your rental shop by being smart and getting the most out of your rental experience. Since most car rental companies require that the tank be full upon return, just before you turn in your car, fill the tank with the least expensive gas available. This eliminates the possibility that you be charged an inflated rate for gasoline by the rental company, when they have to fill the tank for you.
3. Try to always rent your cars with the same car company every time. Companies will often reward frequent car rental customers with discounts, coupons, and (if you are lucky) miles.
4. Ask about using your flyer miles as car miles. Some car rentals may actually trade your flyer's miles in for car rental miles. If your frequent flyer's miles are about to expire don't let them go to waste, use them for a cheap car rental instead.
5. To get the cheapest car rental rates, reserve as far as advance as possible; rental firms frequently offer a lower price to those who book early. It is always wise to take advantage of this fact.
6. If you pick up your car early in the morning (just as the shop is opening) there will be a shortage on the cheap car rentals. This means that the company may be forced to give you a free or marked down upgrade.
7. If you need air fare, car rental, and hotel stay (or even just a car rental and hotel stay) a package deal will help you get the most for your money, with discounts on all items.
8. A rent-at-your-own-price internet site will help you find the best possible deal with the budget you give them, but make sure you review the company's history first and make sure that you can't find a cheaper deal before you close it. Once the reservation is made, you can't cancel it.
9. If using a car for more than five days, it is always wise to search for weekly rates. Generally, with a weekly rate, the sixth and seventh day will be given to you at a discounted price. So, keep your eye out for these deals when shopping for a rental company.
10. To reduce or eliminate airport surcharges and thereby save money, always pick up your rental at the shop instead of at the airport.
For 100's of tips go to http://www.marketing4u.biz/car/
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet