|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Basic Internet Tasks Every Home Business Owner Should Know - Articles Surfing
Understanding and using the internet is a major aspect of home business. There are basic things a person must know how to do on the internet to be successful at a home business venture. These things include simple tasks like adding an attachment to an email to more complex things like using a search engine. None of these essential internet tasks are too hard, though that they can not be learned easily. The following explains how to do the major tasks one should know before starting a home business.
- Adding attachments to an email. This is not too hard because most email programs allow the user to click a few buttons and the file is attached. The hardest part is finding the file to be attached. First the person will click the attachment button in the email. It usually says *attach file* or something along those lines. The screen will then prompt to chose the file to be attached. It is important for the user to have some idea where they file is and this is simple if they note where they saved the file. They click on the file and it is wither attached or they then need to click the button that attaches the file. In some programs this happens automatically.
- Downloading files. This too is easy to do. Most files that need downloaded come with instructions on how to download them right on the web page. For files that are downloaded from an email there is also usually a button to click to download the file. A screen pops up that asks where to download the file to and the user chooses where. It is that simple.
- Typing in a website address. While this is usually one of the first things learned about the internet it is still important to make sure a user knows how to do it. Web address need to be typed in with no spaces. If the website address is being read off of something it needs to be typed in exactly as it appears. While the *www* part is not always needed sometimes it is the factor that differentiates two unrelated websites, so it should be included as well.
- Logging into a website. Logging in means entering a user name and password. Each site is somewhat different in how the process goes, but generally both the user name and password need to be typed in as they were when the user registered at the website.
- Using a search engine. This may seem like a simple task, but getting the information a user wants form a search can be hard if they do not know some simple rules. Almost anything can be typed into a search engine and get results, but there are two things to keep in mind to get the best results. First, the spelling of words should be correct or some results are omitted. Second, the search term should be as specific as possible to get the most relevant and useful results.
Many internet users and potential home business owners know how to do these basic tasks. For others, though, they are foreign concepts. It never hurts to review them. Anyone interested in a home business should spend time online doing different tasks and learning through trial and error. With a little effort all of these essential internet tasks can be mastered.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet