|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Finding More Time For Your Home Based Business - Articles Surfing
The success of any home based business is largely dependant on the time you have available to help it grow. Finding time to devote to your business can be challenging, especially if you have commitments to a job and family. In this article you will find tips to help you organise and make time for your home based business.
1. Make a list; each evening take a little time to consider the important must do jobs for tomorrow and write them down. As you work your way through your list the following day, tick them off. It will keep you focused and think how satisfying it will be at the end of the day when you look back at all you have achieved.
2. Reward yourself; don't feel you have to devote every spare moment to your home based business. Set goals and when you attain them, take a little time out to do something you enjoy as a treat. That way you will come back refreshed and raring to go!
3. Keep it realistic; hold some time back for small everyday jobs such as admin, dealing with queries and trouble shooting. These are essential elements of your home based business and you should set aside a portion of time each day to deal with things that have arisen during the course of the day.
4. TGIF!(Thank goodness it's Friday); Use a Friday afternoon to tie up loose ends and finish of those little jobs that have been ongoing all week. That way you ensure that instead of spending the weekends thinking of all the tasks you have to finish, you will have quality time and will be fresh on Monday morning.
5. Love what you do; the best way to motivate yourself is to choose something you enjoy doing. That way work doesn't feel like a chore and you will maintain motivation and enthusiasm for your home based business. If you don't enjoy it why do it?
6. Think time; it is vital you make time to reflect on your home based business. At these times get right away from the work environment. Go for a walk or sit in the park and consider where your home based business is going and how best to get there.
7. Avoid distractions; when tackling those must do jobs make sure you are not going to be sidetracked. Unplug the phone. Switch off your email so you are not tempted to check it every five minutes. That way you can complete the task in peace.
8. Clear your workspace; ensure that when you finish using something it is put away. That way you don't waste time looking for something on a cluttered desk.
9. Timekeeping; time yourself doing those small day to day tasks. If you are spending an inordinate amount of time checking emails or on the phone to a client, you are losing valuable time to complete your must do jobs. Although chatting can be an impotant part of networking for your home based business, it could also be taking time away from other more important tasks.
10. That's rubbish!; every home based business receives an enormous amount of mail either through the post or via email. A large portion of this will be junk. Bin it! It will clear your work space and ensure that you are only dealing with the important stuff.
Each home based business owner faces their own challenges with time management. Making use of these ideas and tailoring them to suit your circumstances, will not only ensure that your business is run more efficiently, but that you have time for yourself. These are both essential elements in the success of your home based business.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet