|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Five Tips For Revamping Your Ebay Storefront - Articles Surfing
When one reviews eBay stores, like I do, you get one overall impression - most eBay stores look the same. Most people seem to simply stick with the defaults when they set up their eBay store and leave it like that until the cows come home.
Now, there's not much wrong with the default eBay store settings. It's clean and functional. However, consider what it tells the eBay buyer, who has the ability to browse many stores that sell the same or similar items as your store.
Amongst the masses of stores, an eBay store with the default storefront settings firstly tells the eBay buyer that the store owner did not want to put in any extra effort into his/her store. That's Strike One in the perception of the eBay shopper.
Secondly, a default storefront does not provide the eBay surfer with a mental or emotional "hook" to remember your store or make it stand out from amongst the rest. The eBayer might decide, "I want to browse a few more stores to check their items and prices." By the time they are two or three stores away from your vanilla eBay store, they have completely forgotten about it.
Here are some tips you can consider to make your eBay storefront look different from the rest.
1) Design a pleasing and striking logo and place that on all your store pages. With the logo, you are branding your store with something unique.
2) Pick a color scheme that compliments the items or products you sell and also ensure that the color scheme compliments the logo you designed.
3) Pick matching colors for the different page elements, and make sure that the text is easily readable on the background, because clashing colors have the effect of putting people off.
4) Purchase a commercial eBay storefront template and install it on your eBay store pages, which will immediately make it different from all the stores that picked the default eBay store layout.
5) Go all the way and have a custom store layout designed for you by professional web designers, which will ensure that your eBay store looks exactly the way you desire and is completely unique.
Making a success with your eBay store depends on many different factors and the look and feel of your storefront is in the top half of the list of factors.
Demonstrate to the eBay buyer that you are taking your business very seriously and that you are prepared to put extra effort into your eBay store. That will make more people linger a little longer on your store pages or have them return to it from browsing other stores, giving your items more time to catch their eye and cause them to click on that Buy It Now link.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet