|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Making Your Home Business Profitable In Five Innovative Steps - Articles Surfing
Growing your home business is a vital component for reaching profitability; yet turning a profit depends heavily on your ability to harness the cutting edge of your niche. While this may appear to be a logical progression, it is interesting to note that for every home business that is a clear trend setter in its field, there are a host of others that also grow quite nicely, yet without having that cutting edge.
There appear to be five innovative steps that a home business entrepreneur can take will make a home business turn a profit by becoming a market leader.
1. First and foremost is the protection of special technology that is developed specifically for and by your business. It is irrelevant if this technology is a simple little gadget that makes the air cleaner inside your office, or a life changing invention that will change the way of doing business as you know it. With the use of a patent, your intellectual property is protected, and in addition to the foregoing you will qualify for preferential treatment from governing bodies the world over, all of which will ensure that your patented product is not copied or sold elsewhere. Thus, someone else wishing to use it will need to pay you for a licensing fee. This can be a major source of income, especially if another company incorporates it into their product line. Keep in mind that it does not matter if the patented gadget is your main business focus or just an incidental development.
2. Register your trademarks. Logos, no matter how miniscule in the scheme of things, send a powerful message; over time, the placement of your logo on a product may be equal to the ability to charge a higher price.
3. Cultivate your business contacts. Even as this is common sense information, consider the fact that having the ability to quickly get a hold of an industry leader is always a much sought after asset. Never toss out a business card; become highly visible at Chamber of Commerce functions.
4. Meticulously pick your business location. Granted, while some areas are cheaper than others, ask yourself if your business relies heavily on foot traffic. If so, cheaper is not always better.
5. Harness the power of know-how and attract partners and workers who have it. Set your business apart from others with the help of the collective brainpower you are able to hire.
Interestingly, while these five steps are the ideal methodology of starting and growing your home business, there are many others among your competition who do not have one or more of them. How are they able to thrive? Conversely, why do some home based business entrepreneurs who have taken all the innovative steps mentioned above end up closing their businesses* doors because of abject failure? You will be surprised to learn that there are other market forces at work that at times will even supersede the steps taken by cutting edge businesses and ensure success where by all laws of the business world failure should be found!
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet