|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Cancer Do's And Don'ts
With all that we are bombarded, toxic environment, pollution in the air, chemicals in our food, what can we possibly do to avoid cancer? There are a few Dos and Don�ts that are sure to help prevent it. The entire book, Cancer Free For Life is dedicated to understanding cancer and exploring ways to prevent it or reverse it using natural methods and the power of the mind.
- Do eat your fruit and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables contain phytochemicals that have been shown to have antioxidant and cancer protective effects.
Tomatoes have been shown to provide protection against cancer of the prostate, stomach and lung.
Apples and onions contain phytochemicals called flavonoids that appear to have cancer-fighting effects.
- Go organic. There are over 7,000 different herbicide and pesticide products currently available. There is a strong body of evidence linking various cancers, for instance non-Hodgkin�s lymphoma, asthma, and neurological diseases such as Parkinson�s to the increase in use of pesticides and herbicides.
Childhood cancers are also on the rise. According to the US Environmental Agency, 60% of all herbicides, weed killers, 90% of all fungicides, mould killers, and 30% of all insecticides, insect killers, are potentially cancer causing.
- Do eat fibre. Diets high in insoluble fibre have been shown to decrease the rate of breast cancer. Switch from processed refined flours, such as white bread, pastries, cookies, white pasta, to whole grain items such as whole grain breads and breads labeled 100% whole wheat. Refined flours that are not recommended usually have the words, �enriched, bleached� on the label.
- Do eat fish. Eating fish and foods high in Omega-3 fatty acids has been shown to lower the risk of throat, stomach, colon, rectum, lung and breast cancers. Eat pacific salmon, fresh or in can. Minimize the amount of saturated fat in your diet. Add cold-pressed olive oil to your cooking, as it has been shown to contain cancer fighting elements.
To find more ways to remain cancer free naturally, visit http://cancer-free-for-life.com to claim your own downloadable copy right away.
- Don�t� smoke: according to Dr Ezzati, lead researcher of the Harvard study examining the nine risk factors that can lead to cancer, smoking was the most important, responsible for 21% of all cancer deaths worldwide. Tobacco accounts for more than 168,000 cancer deaths per year.
- Don�t� stress. Whether due to financial, personal or vocational stress, a majority of people are living in a mild to moderate state of chronic stress. Not only is this a risk factor strongly correlated with heart attacks and strokes, but also an increase in body weight and body mass index (BMI) which is a risk factor for developing cancer.
- Don�t� drink too much alcohol. Drinking excessively has been correlated with mouth, throat, breast, oesophagus, liver, colon, and rectum cancers. Alcohol damages cells. It is this cell damage that causes cancer. Alcohol depletes vitamin A and selenium, which may have a general protective effect against cancer. Alcohol also decreases the body�s ability to fight off cancer by compromising the immune system, and irritating the lining of internal organs. If you drink, limit yourself to no more than four alcohol-containing drinks per week and try to select red wine for its antioxidants benefits.
- Don�t eat meat. Vegetarians appear to have significantly lower cancer rates in comparison to meat eaters. This may be due to vegetarians� higher consumption of fruits and vegetables. A switch to fish, eggs and a moderate amount of high-quality soy products appear to have beneficial effects.
- Don�t eat nitrate meats. Meats such as cold cuts, bologna, and hot dogs contain nitrates, a chemical that preserves the meat�s pinky color. Unfortunately, nitrates combine with stomach acid, which creates a cancer-causing substance called nitronamine. Inquire at your local butcher about purchasing nitrate-free cold cuts. Even better, switch to healthier proteins such as eggs, and raw nuts.
You will find many articles on how to maintain a cancer free lifestyle, as well as heal yourself of cancer using natural methods on http://alternative-health-ebooks.com
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure