|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
SAP Business One * MRP Implementation in S*o Paulo - Articles Surfing
SAP just introduced localized version of its mid-size and small ERP solution * SAP Business One. As you probably know SAP Business One has Multilanguage in one company feature, and it is adaptable to unique tax rules, which is the case in Brazil. Among the other localized solutions: Microsoft Navision, Oracle Financials (or the whole set of Oracle Business Suite * Oracle Applications), Microsoft Axapta (localized version should be release in 2006), SAP Business One should be considered to be implemented for either Brazilian company with the connections to European and American market and business partners or for Brazilian branch of multinational corporation. Let's consider market specifics and how SAP Business One could potentially fit for the ERP market in Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro or the whole Brazil.
* Multilanguage & Brazilian Portuguese Support. This is really strong point of SAP Business One - you can switch from say Portuguese to American English by pressing cntrl keys combination. System will close all your existing screens and this is probably the only inconvenience you may notice. Please, be aware that SAP Business One has also version with Portuguese interface for continental Portugal.
* Manufacturing/Production module. For the multinational company Brazil is often considered as the place for quality and cost efficient manufacturing operations. And we see diversified needs for manufacturing automation * from machinery to food processing. SAP Business One Production module targets the whole spectrum of manufacturing needs.
* CRM. CRM module is integrated within the system. We should mention modern design of CRM module and really intuitive interface for business professionals, dealing with sales analysis.
* HR. SAP Business One doesn*t have Payroll module for Brazil.
* Drag & Relate. This feature allows you intuitively drag and compare/relate the data in the system.
* Customization, Reporting & Integration. SAP BO integrates with Microsoft Office on the level of COM objects, it sits in MS SQL Server database (the only platform available for Brazil at this time). It has SAP Business One SDK and we expect large number of ISV with custom products show up on the Brazilian market within a few years. Besides internal SAP BO reporting * you can do reporting from SQL Server directly.
* Competitors. If you are looking from the number of installations in Brazil, then you should consider Microsiga, where you will see similar slightly higher license and system implementation prices. If you are looking for international ERP brand, localized for Brazil * then consider Microsoft Navision/Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Axapta/Dynamics AX and Oracle E-Business Suite, which includes Oracle Financials, also known as Oracle Applications. Microsiga should be recognized as very efficient Brazilian tax & government reporting solution, at the same time SAP, Microsoft and Oracle are catching up with the compliance of their localized MRPs.
* Releasing Dates. SAP Business One, having over 8,000 installations Worldwide is scheduled to be released in Brazil in November/December 2005. Microsoft Navision and Oracle E-Business Suite are available and availability of localized Microsoft Axapta (Microsoft Dynamics AX) version is 2006.
* Licensing Price Structure. SAP Business One has all-in-one named user licenses. This means that you do not pay for adding new modules * all the modules are available for the user and included in the license price. CRM-only user license is available at 50% or the all-in-one user license. SAP Business One requires also annual maintenance fee, which will give you now standard for the ERP industry software upgrade and discounted technical support.
Please give as a call S*o Paulo 55-11-3444-4949, USA 1-866-528-0577, 1-630-961-5918! firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet