|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Cuisinart Tob-175 Broiler Convection Toaster Oven Review - Articles Surfing
If you suffered with your previous oven such as had to toast longer, caught on fire for years, burnt toast, not evenly toasting, and other annoying features, you can read this review of Cuisinart TOB-175 Broiler Convection Toaster Oven as your consideration.
About the Toaster Oven
* Consumer Reports rated it as the best Toaster over.
* User friendly designed so everybody can use
* It's durable. There are people have used it more than five years so it's well worth the price.
* Three years guarantee.
* Keep your kitchen cool though used in the summer (hot weather) without the air conditioner. I found, only one said that her kitchen got hot after cooking.
* The fan is smooth quiet.
* No plastic parts to warp from the heat.
Speed up Cooking Time
* It heats up in a quarter of the time than the regular oven does. Only takes 3 minutes to pre-heat to 450 degrees.
* It baked frozen fish about half time as regular oven, four large potatoes only 45 minutes and two pounds meatloaf within 90 minutes.
* Quick for a par baked loaf of bread and no need to flip the bread to toast both sides.
Save the Cost of Natural Gas Bills and Electricity
* Much more energy efficient than firing up a full size oven
* Note: keep the oven unplugged when it's not in use.
Toaster Oven Functions
* You can use it for making cinnamon rolls, roasting peppers, green beans, butternut squash, biscuits, frozen lasagna, a rib roast, pork roasts, asparagus, pies, chocolate chip cookies, frozen mac & cheese.
* Baking bread, burgers, cakes, fish (including salmon), sliced potatoes, pasta dishes, chicken dishes, brownies.
* Toasting (frozen) bread, pop-tarts, English muffins, pizzas, sandwiches, TV dinners, nuts, small casseroles and daily toast/bagels.
* Broiling steak, chicken breasts, fish (including salmon), brownies or small vegetable dishes.
* Toast comes out perfect, sometimes it can be uneven but there are people don't care much about it. Also controlling the darkness of toast is easy.
* Suggestion: Food browns faster towards the back, so rotate the cookie pan or pies once (turn it so the back is at the front.) It doesn't matter when cooking meats.
* The convection feature defrosted and warmed frozen packaged foods as well as leftover ham without drying it out. It heats up quickly and evenly.
* The convection oven powers through the cooking cycle. It's simple to learn how to use.
* When cooking a variety of casseroles, they will be cooked evenly and are not burned on top even though the heating element is closer than a regular oven.
* For those who don't know about convection, you should be able to decrease the temp and/or amount of cooking time due the convection. Best success with the convection feature by reducing the recipes (or instructions) recommended temperature by 25%, and reducing the baking time by 25-30%.
* It is opened from the back with smooth and quiet. It's not difficult to do and easily overlooked due to the overall quality of this model. However, please try it by yourself.
* To clean it easily: Pulls out the crumb tray so you can wash it instead of the ones tilt and you have to carry them over to the sink and try to shake them out. You can wash the crumb tray through the dishwasher and comes out perfectly clean.
* It holds a medium-sized cast iron frying pan, a 6-cup muffin pan, 10" pie plate, etc.
* It does everything as well as 600-buck full size stove, in smaller amounts so you don't need a separate toaster.
* It's perfect size for small meetings. It fits in small spaces and works as well as full size oven.
* It will be a great size for a family of two or single person cooking.
However, please check the size by your self.
Temperature and Timer Settings
* Set your desired digital set temperature with the aid of a timer if you chose to use it. It's easy to use, you just need to enter the cooking time by pressing the minute key.
* The timer tone will beep constantly when completed until it's tended. It's a great reminder. Then to shut-off press the OFF button.
* Some people enjoy its loud timer tone. However, you should check the volume by yourself. I think it should have a tone volume control.
* The electronic controls work well, easy to use and simple to master even there are people that not require the manual.
* The smooth push button control panel is also easy to wipe clean (no knobs to deal with).
* Rack is easy to install front programs quite simple, clean, smooth quiet.
* When baking or cooking different things, you can figure out at what level to place the rack.
* When placing the rack in the middle, the toast comes out almost perfect (it's a little lighter on the bottom).
* The rack tends to slide out when pulling out trays from the oven, so just be careful.
* The broiler pan isn't flimsy, cleans beautifully.
* If you have difficulty to clean the interior and broiler pans, the solution is, use a spray on non-stick coating.
Glass window and door
* Glass window wipes clean with a damp cloth, and the outside has stayed white not yellowish.
* To keep the window stays clear and without streaks: use a diluted solution of dawn, and rinse well and dry leaving no residue, or chemical smell.
* The door is smooth quiet. If you hard to clean under the door, the solution is, fold a paper towel, spray it with all-purpose cleaner and thread it through the bottom of the door then move the towel back and forth. The crumbs go all over the counter, but it gets that area clean.
Some people wish the company could give a few more variation recipes in the instruction book.
Hope my review will help you to find your best toaster oven.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet