|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Easy Mexican Food: Mexican Pizza
When it comes to preparing meals for your family, you may find that it is fun to get the kids involved. Sometimes, there are meals you will want to get the kids help with, and sometimes, you will want to be happy just letting them lick the proverbial spoon as you prepare the favorite dish. There are many reasons why allowing children to help in the kitchen is a good, healthy habit. One way you can get the little ones interested in what you are doing is to make some delicious, fun, and easy Mexican food.
Mexican pizza is a delicious favorite in my household. Everyone has a favorite way of preparing this delicious dish because it is just that popular. Take a look at this suggestion for a Mexican pizza! Please, feel free to alter to taste.
> � cup corn meal
> � cup canola oil, sunflower oil, or other vegetable oil
> 12 corn tortillas
> 2, 12 ounce cans of tomato sauce
> 2, 15 ounce cans of beans, Mexican style
> Fresh vegetables
> 4 cups of Mexican blended cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
> Sour cream
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees
2. Grease the bottom of a cookie sheet with oil. Sprinkle the greased cookie sheet with corn meal liberally.
3. Prepare the fruit and vegetables. Place each of the sliced and diced fruits or vegetables in a separate bowl. Please the bowls in a row on the table.
4. Open the tomato sauce cans, and pour into a large bowl. Add seasoning to taste. I like adding about half a packet of fajita seasoning to give the sauce a kick.
5. Place the cheese in a large bowl.
6. For each of the little preparers, get a plate and place a tortilla in the plate. With the preparer at the table, give him or her a plate. Give the child a spoon for the sauce, and sit back and watch the fun!
7. Once your little Picasso is done with their work of art, you can transfer the mini-pizzas to the cookie sheet. Generally the cookie sheet with fit 2 at a time, but you can use up to 2 cookie sheets at a time for this.
8. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pizzas look delicious!
9. Give the little pizza to the child that made the pizza. Offer salsa and sour cream. Watch the smiles!
Easy Mexican food can be a reality and a lot of fun. This is a great activity for sleepovers or just for any weekend where you want a rainy day activity. Building healthy eating habits starts in the home. When your children get to experience the joys of cooking, they will carry that lesson on with them to adulthood.
Whether you make pizza, tortillas, enchiladas, or some other type of delectable foods with your young ones, you will find that the little bit of freedom they have today will serve them well tomorrow. Today it may be easy Mexican food, tomorrow the world!
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B