|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Healthy Cooking Tips To Keep In Mind. - Articles Surfing
Nowadays everybody wants to save time and keep a healthy lifestyle.
We are all aware of the importance of healthy cooking and healthy eating.
The challenge of keeping a busy yet healthy lifestyle had brought many to look for shortcuts, tips and ideas.
I have listed below a few of the most helpful tips to keep healthy on the run.
1. Eat more fruit and vegetables. To keep valuable nutrients and colors of your vegetables, microwave, stir-fry or steam your vegetables instead of boiling them. Prefer using fresh or frozen vegetables, since canned vegetables are over processed and often have very high sodium content. Wash and scrub the vegetables instead of peeling them. Many nutrients are found close to the skin.
2. Cut down on salt. Use Lemon juice, olive oil and herbs add flavor to the dish. Prepared seasonings usually have high salt content that might increase your risk for high blood pressure. Use herbs and spices instead. Reduce use of soy sauce, tomato sauce and processed sauces since they usually contain high levels of salt.
3. Decrease the amount of calories in your food by simply switching to low fat milk. Drink water instead of sodas. Choose to use the low fat version of any food if it exists.
4. Use whole grain instead of highly refined products. Whole-wheat flour, whole cornmeal and rice are far better for your health than the refined grains.
5. Keep fats to a minimum. Buy lean meat cuts. Choose skinless chicken breasts. Eat more fish, which is high in protein, low in fats and loaded with omega 3 fatty acids.
6. Use Non-stick cookware to reduce the need for cooking oil. Avoid using oils and butter as lubricants. Use spray oil instead.
Healthy cooking begins with being health conscientious. Eating healthy does not mean giving up on your favorite foods. In fact it opens up a whole new range of flavors and textures for your eating pleasure.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet