|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Attempting the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) in Entrance Exam - Articles Surfing
Like it or not, Multiple Choice Tests formats are now beinguniversally adapted for testing Student IQ and knowledge in aparticular subject. Students fear multiple Choice exams as some findit confusing and tricky. Some feel that the questions are deliberatelyphrased that the student chooses the incorrect answer. Well, these arewrong notions. While attempting the MCQ's, we need to relax andattempt the Test without getting jittery. Here are a few tips that maybe of help while attempting the Multiple Choice Entrance Exams.
1. Read the questions carefully.
2. Always try to guess what the answer is BEFORE you look at the choices.
3. If you are unsure about an answer, eliminate what it CAN'T be. Tryto remember if any of the answers left are related to that subject. Doyou remember seeing that word in the chapter? If you have never heardof a choice it is probably a distracter. If you can not recognize achoice then it is probably NOT the answer.
4. After eliminating all other choices, lake a logical guess. At leastyou have narrowed down the odds of getting the answer correct.Remember, the first guess is usually more reliable unless you obtain amajor revelation along the way.
5. If after a few seconds you are still perplexed, mark the questionso you can find it easier later and go on with the test. Sometimes theanswer you're looking for is given in a different problem. Go back tothat question later.
6. NEVER leave a multiple choice question blank. You have a 20-25%chance of getting it right by guessing.
ALL-OF-THE-ABOVE QUESTIONS: If 2 or more of the answers are correct,then the all-of-the-above option is the correct answer, EVEN IF youare unsure of the third option.
LOOK-ALIKE OPTIONS: Sometimes there are 2 options that are alikeexcept for one word. Such a pair indicates that the question isfocused there. USUALLY, not always, you can assume the answer is oneof that pair.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet