|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
How To Succeed In College By Not Going To Class - Articles Surfing
Getting through college is hard enough, but you need to sit down and decide what you really want out of life. If you chose a computer science major, are you really going to be happy programming calculator chips for the rest of your life? My advice to you is to enroll in college, but don't go to class. And here's why:
1. Forget about your grade point average. In high school, the only thing that mattered was grades. When you get to college, you'll most likely be used to this and force yourself to study hard and memorize 150 pages of notes to get a passing grade in Phych 101. Make your goal of college to actually learn. Take courses that interest you and you'll be a lot more motivated.
2. Don't do homework. Most students complain that homework takes away their social life. Most of the time, this is absolutely true. Without any social life, school will only seem more stressful. Make your friends priority. Because one day, you might have a high paying job, but without friends, you'll have no reason to be making money in the first place.
3. Never take a nap. Unless you've been taking naps for years, don't start now. You're young; you can handle staying up late and waking at sunrise. If you're having trouble staying awake, it's probably because you don't have a cycle. Getting to bed at 3am every single night is better for you than getting to sleep early only every once in a while.
4. Don't make goals. College is all about figuring yourself out. Don't believe that it's bad to not declare a major. Take time to decide what you want to do with your life because, well, it's your life. Goals are a recipe for disappointment and failure (unless you're a soccer player).
5. Make your bed. Spend that extra minute and a half to clean up after yourself. It's better to be late to class because really, it's going to be stressful either way. And coming home to a pigsty will only cause more stress. Just don't over clean or your friends will be sure to make fun of you.
6. Find a study place. Having a good place to study that's distraction-free is always a good idea. Find an old willow tree in a secluded clearing behind the library. If you don't feel like studying, at the very least it's a good place to take your girlfriend. And if you tell her it's your secret study place, trust me; she'll think you're cute.
7. Don't go to class! Unless you get to sit next to that cute brunette that twirls her hair and always drops her pencil, it's better just to forget about going to class at all. Instead, go to the west wing of the library's third floor and sit in the aisles reading books.
The point of college is to learn. Ultimately, down the line, not a soul is going to care if you got an A in linguistics or a C- in anthropology. Focus on being happy in life. Do whatever it is that you want to do. Only then will you be able to succeed.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet