|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Taking Holiday In Greece - Articles Surfing
Greece is famous for hosting the Olympics, but they also have many other things to offer visitors, including science, drama, philosophy, and art. Fifteen million tourists take a Greece vacation every single year. When taking a holiday in Greece, you will find that most of the attractions are centered in Athens, but there are outside areas that offer you just as much to look at. Here are some things that you should be sure to see when you discover Greece.
1. Acropolis. This is the most famous attraction in Greece, so you will want to be sure to add it to your list first when you discover Greece. You will be in awe of the retelling of the Olympian legends and the stunning majesty of the Parthenon.
2. Ancient Agora. Below the Acropolis, you will find these ruins where philosophy greats Socrates and Plato taught and talked. On the western hill of the site, you will find the Temple of Hephaestos. There are even some trees and shrubs that are just as old as the ruins in this area.
3. Athens helicopter tour. On your holiday in Greece, you can board a helicopter and fly over the major spots. This can give you an unusual view of the attractions and it will only take about 30 minutes. This is a great way to get some unique pictures that you will enjoy.
4. Hellenic National League football game. This is called soccer in the United States, but it is football all over the rest of the world. This game is a fun and rowdy way to see how the locals cheer their favorite team on and is an activity that you do not want to miss.
5. Athens Marathon. If you happen to take a Greece vacation during the month of November, then you can sign up to run in the Athens Marathon. It follows the same path as the Olympic marathon that was run. What a fun and exciting activity for you to do!
6. Volunteer. Many organizations need your help to do projects all over Greece. These include the ARCHELON Sea Turtle Society. Look online and see if there are some opportunities to use your talents and skills on your vacation in Greece.
7. National Archaeological Museum. Schliemann's Agamemnon is displayed here. It is thought to be the death mask of the king that dates back to the 16th century B.C. The controversy comes in due to the fact that the Trojan War did not start until the 20th century, which would mean that the mask is not Agamemnon's at all. People still flock to this museum to see the ancient artifacts, however.
8. Hiking the Vindos Gorge. The Guinness Book of World Records has named this gorge as the deepest one in the world. You will find unique plants and trees on your hike down into the canyon. It may be hot and humid when you begin your hike, but it will get cooler when you begin to go down into the canyon, due to the fact that the cliffs shade you from the sun.
9. Crete beaches. The German and British people have long enjoyed the beaches in Crete. You will find that the nightlife in this country is very wild and exciting. The refreshing Mediterranean breeze will add to the relaxing feel of these beautiful beaches.
10. Rockwave Festival. This music festival lasts for three days and features many different artists and bands that perform. There are different stages for different musical genres, including blues, dance music, and more. This can be the perfect top off to the historical knowledge that you have learned.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet