|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Top 10 Celebrity Fears - Articles Surfing
Have YOU ever had a panic attack these can be really scary and may make you shake, sweat and breathe quickly. This happens to celebrities too!
A panic attack can cause a you to think something awful is going to happen, that you can't escape, or that you might lose control. Some people who have panic attacks say that when the attacks are happening, they feel like they can't think straight or that they're "going crazy."
Such panic attacks only last a short time. But to a person who is having one, they can feel much longer.
So what can bring on such a panic attack. Flying, heights, spiders, the dark. Any or all of these can cause a phobia in people including celebrities.
A national survey of 4,000 adults and 1,600 kids revealed that 56 percent of adults admit they now have a fear or a phobia. The survey found that 86 percent of adults and 91 percent of youngsters admitted to being afraid of something.
Nearly one in five adults also said they are scared of more now than they were as a child.
You may not believe it, but even rich and famous celebrities have common, everyday fears just like the rest of us.
Top 10 Fears of celebrities.
1. If you suffer from Acrophobia: fear of heights you may experience immediate anxiety when high up. This apprehension may include a racing heart, shortness of breath, sweating, chest or abdominal discomfort, trembling, and an emotional response which involves an intense fear - of losing control, embarrassing oneself, or passing out. If you suffer from this you are not alone. Rock star Sheryl Crow says heights and hearing "scary" noises frighten her the most.
2. How many of you hate flying or: Aerophobia With this phobia you may have frightening thoughts (this plane might crash; I'm trapped; I must get out). Did you know that Jennifer Aniston, Cher, Michael Jackson and Whoopi Goldberg all hate and fear flying too. Avoiding this feared situation, means not flying. Such a sacrifice limits these celebrities lifestyles severely as they will find it hard to travel long distances.
3. How about situations like being outside, or in a crowd, or even being on a bridge. Such fears are known as: Agoraphobia a fear of being in places or situations from which there is no escape. You are not alone as Woody Allen and Matthew McConaughey who is scared of tunnels and revolving doors also shares this fear.
4. Anyone scared of spiders? Arachnophobia as they called it in the film about the same dread. You can guarantee Justin Timberlake would not have enjoyed this movie or Jaws as he hates spiders, snakes and sharks.
5. Do you break out in a sweat in those little closed in spaces? Uma Thurman is claustrophobic too. She says that in Kill Bill: Vol 2 where she is buried alive in a coffin. "There was no acting needed. Real screams available," "It was horrific. Nobody wants to live that experience.'
6. When the weather changes and the skies darken do your hands sweat as the thunderstorm approaches? Well if you happen to be with Madonna at the time she will be scared as she suffers from: Brontophobia: fear of thunder!
7. The vampire slayer suffers from Necrophobia: a fear of death. TV's vampire-slayer Sarah Michelle Gellar has a real fear of graveyards, so real that she refused to film "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in a real one.
8. Do you hate your appearance in the mirror first thing in the morning? Alternatively, maybe you experience undue anxiety when you look at a mirror. This Eisoptrophobia a fear of mirrors is irrational. However this fear is grounded in superstitions. You may worry that breaking a mirror will bring bad luck or that looking into a mirror will put you in contact with a supernatural world inside the glass. Well imagine how poor Pamela Anderson feels for she fears mirrors too!
9. If you get the spooks when you see a clown then you might be suffering from Coulrophobia. Johnny Depp, Daniel Radcliffe and Sean "Diddy" Combs are frightened of clowns. "Something about the painted face, the fake smile," Depp said in 1999 when he was promoting the film "Sleepy Hollow." "There always seemed to be a darkness lurking just under the surface, a potential for real evil."
10. Now here is a strange one! While there is no official name for the phobia of butterflies, it has been linked to Mottephobia (Fear of Moths), or a name such as Lepidopterophobia which is an animal group based on insects butterflies and moths. Who could be scared of such things? Well Nicole Kidman for one she says her greatest fear is butterflies!
So there you have it the top 10 list of celebrity fears. Did I mention poor the celebrity with the most phobias is well that award goes to Woody Allen. He's afraid of insects, sunshine, dogs, deer, bright colors, children, heights, small rooms, crowds, cancer and anywhere except Manhattan. Imagine that!
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet