|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Picture Frame Crafts For Your Kids Party - Articles Surfing
One of the most popular party favors is a framed picture of the party guest taken at your kids party. He or she could be showing off a silly hat or party costume, performing an outrageous party game stunt, or wearing a face full of frosting and ice cream.
Having party guests create their own make-and-take frame to display this memorable photo makes it an even greater treasure for the memory box.
Start with a plain square of cardboard with an opening the size of your picture. When the decorating is done, simply glue picture to the back of the frame.
Here's a brainstorm of frame ideas and decorating materials kids can use:
* Cut your photo into a circle and glue to the center of a nice shiny CD. Decorate with star stickers.
* Cut frames from different colored craft foam. Layer the foam squares for a unique effect.
Decorative foam pieces in many unique shapes and themes are available at your craft store.
* Make a simple craft stick frame and decorate it with faux gems, sequins, sparkles, or stickers.
* Fashion a frame with craft clay.
* Use faux craft fur to make a really "wild" looking frame. Great for a jungle themed party.
* Tie one end of a long length of colorful yarn to your cardboard square. Wrap the yarn around and around the square until it is completely covered.
* Glue tiny Barbie doll accessories such as combs, brushes, sunglasses, and purses. Ideal for a Barbie party or little girl's dress up party.
* Brush a square of cardboard with white craft glue. Sprinkle craft sand onto the glue in different colors and patterns. Shake excess sand onto newspapers and let dry.
* Use outdoor treasures such as tiny pine cones, leaves, and small stones to make a nature frame. Perfect for a garden party or bug party.
* Colorful buttons in various sizes and shapes can be laid out in an interesting design.
* Apply geometrical shapes of felt in a creative pattern.
* Cover your frame with pretty fabric.
* Apply colored clay shapes to your cardboard square.
* Hard edible sugar decorations for cakes come in a variety of themes. These can be used to decorate your frame.
* Different shapes of macaroni make interesting frame decorations. Try elbows, wheels, bowties, and fusilli.
* Tiny colored pompoms make a cute soft frame. Apply complementary colors in rows.
* Tear off one inch pieces of multi-colored tissue paper. Pinch between fingers, dip in glue and apply to your frame.
* Small dried beans or peas laid out in intricate patterns make a unique frame.
Kids will love the hands-on party activity and parents will enjoy their child's picture displayed intheir own uniquely creative frame.
Copyright 2005 Kids Party Paradise All Rights Reserved
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet