|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Top 20+ Reasons to Pay your Kid an Allowance
1. They can make mistakes under your guidance
2. They will learn how to save for the future
3. They will learn that money doesn’t “grow on trees”
4. They will appreciate what they have
5. They will learn to make choices and set priorities
6. They'll stop nagging you for money
9. They will learn your values
11. They will learn how to spend wisely
12. They will be prepared to enter the grown-up world.
13. Allowances will teach your children to be resourceful, independent and unique.
14. An allowance is a “tool to empower your children to avoid commercialism’s clutches.”
15. You can teach them to avoid the pitfalls of debt
16. You can help them improve their communication skills around money.
17. An allowance now could help them avoid future “marital money chaos”
18. They’ll learn the difference between quantity and quality.
19. They’ll learn how it feels to make a poor choice and have to live with it.
20. They’ll learn how to resist impulses (sometimes, maybe!)
21. They’ll learn to appreciate and take care of their things
For help in designing an Allowance system that works for your family, please contact Cindy at 541-387-2995 or by e-mail.
(c) Phelps Creek Financial Coaching - All Rights Reserved
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure