2 cups of Fish or Vegetable stock 1 tspn of Chili Powder 2 Potatoes 1 1/3 Tblspns Corn Flour 3 cups of Water 1 cup of Frozen Peas 1 cup of Jasmine and Basmati Rice 2 tspns Korma Curry Paste (mild) 9 Tblspns Non Fat Plain Yogurt 1 1/8 lb or 500 g Raw Perch
1. If you are using stock cubes to cook this low fat fish recipe, combine the stock cube with water in a cup. Add in the curry paste, corn flour and chili powder. Mix thoroughly and leave for 10 minutes to sit and combine.
2. Peel and wash potato and cut into bit sized portions. Rinse the rice and cook in a rice cooker or if using a saucepan, add 2 cups of water for every cup of rice. Cook until the rice has absorbed the water, stir thoroughly. Wait until the water has boiled off. Take off the burner.
3. Add the fish whole or in pieces to a frying pan, add the stock mixture and potato and water. Cook with the lid on for 10 minutes or until the fish meat has turned white.
4. Take the lid off and cook until potato is soft. Add in the yogurt and peas and cook for a couple of minutes. Take off the burner.
5. Serve the rice and fish curry together.
This low fat fish recipe contains:
257.37 calories. 28.26 calories come from fat. 3.61 g fat 1.03 g saturated fat 115.77 mg cholesterol 372.99 mg sodium 1079.80 mg potassium 24.35g carbohydrates 2.14 g sugar 2.97 g fiber 32.37 g protein
Note: These values are only averages.
This low fat fish recipe has a medium to high amount of cholesterol in it depending on the type of fish you use. It represents just over a 1/3 of your daily intake of cholesterol.
To lower the cholesterol levels of this recipe substitute the fish for lean chicken breast. This recipe has about 3.61 g of fat in it which represents about 6% of your daily intake of fat.
My name is Jenny Mathers, I certainly hope that you've enjoyed part II of this article detailing my low fat fish recipe. I strive to research and write about the most reputable nutrition, weight loss and health information possible. You can also see my site http://www.savvy-fat-burning-food.com here. I encourage all those wishing to lose weight to seek individual advice from a dietitian, doctor or health care professional.