|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
10 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Hemorrhoids - Articles Surfing
- Horse chestnut prevents prolapse of hemorrhoids. It increases blood flow, strengthen connective tissue, decrease swelling and redness and tighten up veins.
Horse chestnut is one of the most popular home remedies for hemorrhoids among Europeans. However, you should avoid horse chestnut if you have kidney or liver ailments of if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- An effective home remedy for hemorrhoids is a wash made by mixing equal parts of Lobelia extract, Baptisia extract and zinc sulfate with water. This mix is excellent remedy for itching and painful hemorrhoids.
- In order to relieve the pain and discomfort, you can mix sulfur with Vaseline and apply to the hemorrhoid two or three times a day.
- Use extract of witch hazel on a wad of cotton and put on the hemorrhoids at night as a form of poultice.
- Apple cider vinegar will stop hemorrhoids from bleeding. Take two teaspoonfuls of apple cider vinegar mixed in a glass of water at every meal. You can also soak a cotton ball in vinegar and apply it on the hemorrhoids.
- One of the popular remedies for hemorrhoids is thermotherapy. Perform it once a week for 2-4 weeks. Thermotherapy causes the hemorrhoids to shrink and stop bleeding.
- Put a teaspoon of powdered Alum in a glass of water. Apply regularly to the hemorrhoids.
- Mix one teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a glass of water and drink to stop bleeding hemorrhoids.
- Apply the extract of Echinacea on the hemorrhoid with cotton balls. This helps to relieve itching and painful hemorrhoids.
- Heat a spoon of lard and mix it with a teaspoonful of Calomel. Apply this combination to the hemorrhoid as a cream on a piece of cloth.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet