|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
11 Superior Home Remedies for Indigestion - Articles Surfing
This article is dedicated to the best Home Remedies for Indigestion. First of all let me tell you what is Indigestion?
Indigestion, also known as upset stomach or dyspepsia, is distress or a burning sensation in the upper abdomen, often followed by nausea, abdominal bloating, belching, and sometimes vomiting.
Indigestion might be caused by a disease in the digestive tract such as ulcer or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), but for many people, it results from eating too much, eating too rapidly, eating high-fat foods, or eating during stressful conditions. Indigestion accompanied by smallness of breath, sweating, or pain radiating to the jaw, neck, or arm.
Indigestion is very ordinary and most people have it from time to time. Indigestion may be psychological in basis and connected with stress. Indigestion may be a symptom of such situations as ulcers and gall bladder inflammation.
Symptoms may include pain and distress in the upper abdomen belching and loud intestinal sounds (borborygmi)nausea, constipation, poor appetite, diarrhea, flatulence. Symptoms include nausea, heartburn, abdominal ache, gas suffering, and a feeling of abdominal distention.
Here is a list of some best Home Remedies for Indigestion:
Home Remedies for Indigestion
1) Orange is effective Home Remedy for Indigestion as it gives relax to the digestive organs and supplies nutrition.
2) Ground cardamom seed mixed with ginger, cloves and coriander is an effective Home Remedy for Indigestion.
3) A teaspoon of seeds of ajwain with a little rock salt is a superior remedy for indigestion.
4) One good Home Remedy for Indigestion is to put some lemon juice or cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink it before the meal.
5) In 1 glass of water, add 2-3 drops of mint essence and drink after every 4 hours to remove indigestion
6) Peppermint is a superior for indigestion. Those who are prone to heartburn may take peppermint tea. It will assists indigestion with out causing heartburn.
7) Mix 2 pinches of rock salt and 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain). Chew it and wash it down with water for stomach trouble or indigestion,
8) Make a mixture of 5-6 chopped basil (tulsi) leaves, 1/4 tsp sea salt, and some black pepper in 3 tbsp of curd, and then eat it. Repeat this 4 times a day for one week for total reconditioning of stomach.
9) Add three drops of garlic oil to an half a cup of soya oil and massahe onto the stomach after food.
10) Drink a herbal tea of mint, raspberry and blackberry to remove indigestion.
11) Drink a glass of water with a tablespoon of baking soda for immediate relief. This is simple and effective Home Remedy for Indigestion.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet