|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Add Healthy Fat to your Diet - Articles Surfing
1. Try to eat fish twice a week, especially salmon, herring or mackerel. Avoid frozen breaded products made with hydrogenated oil.
2. Sprinkle 2 tsp (10 mL) ground flaxseeds on your cereal or yogurt a few times a week.
3. Use olive or canola oil in salad dressing.
4. Choose cookies and crackers that are not made with hydrogenated oil.
5. If you have a craving for chocolate, eat a few squares of good-quality chocolate made without hydrogenated oil.
6. Occasionally sprinkle walnuts, almonds or peanuts over salads, add them to baking or eat as a fast snack.
7. If there's a choice at a cocktail party, nibble on unsalted almonds or walnuts -- both contain unsaturated fats.
8. Occasionally add an avocado to your salad. It's a great source of monounsaturated fat, which is linked to a reduced risk of breast cancer.
9. Buy omega-3 eggs, which come from hens fed on flaxseed. They contain seven to 12 times more omega-3 than regular eggs.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet