|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
7 Reasons to Start Your Day With a Shower - Articles Surfing
1. Mornings are right for showers. Let's face it. When the alarm jolts you out of your dream just as you were getting to the good part, you're not exactly ready to face the day. Scraping the chunks of junk from your eyes as you stumble to the bathroom to try and make yourself look presentable before you go out and meet the world demands action.
And action is what showers deliver.
From the moment you step in and feel the spraying water needling your body your blood begins to flow. Grabbing your washcloth and soaping yourself up feels like an aerobic workout that burns calories and pumps adrenalin through your system so you can meet whatever challenges you may face head on.
2. Showers can conserve water. How many times have you, or your significant other, overslept only to find the shower already in use by the other significant other? In battlefield conditions (and these certainly qualify) it's wise to share a shower, not only to save time, but to save the planet's water supply for your children.
3. Showers cut down on oversleeping. Imagine waking up in the condition specified earlier and instead of stepping into a jet spray of water you slipped into a frothy tub of warm water. Instead of vigorously soaping and scrubbing and shaving and shampooing, you close your eyes and listen to the slight snapping of the suds around you Just try getting up and going to work after that.
4. Showers let you start the day clean. While there's nothing quite like a good, hot bath, the last thing you want first thing in the morning is to soak in a pool of last night's filth. Showers automatically rinse as you wash so the grime goes down the drain making for a much cleaner you as you go about your day.
5. Have you ever heard of someone singing in the bathtub?
6. In relation to number 5 the shower is perfect for the mornings because showers are all about work. Scrubbing, shaving, shampooing, rinsing, conditioning, rising again are all designed to get your mind ready for the workday by making you work first thing in the morning. Think about how many great ideas or inventions were discovered in the shower.
7. And last, but not least, reduced cleanup. After bathing there's almost always a nasty ring of scum around the tub that needs to be taken care of before it sets up. And depending on what you do in the tub there can be other bits of flotsam stuck in there as well. Showers neatly wash everything away leaving you more time in the morning for that extra cup of coffee with your significant other.
So it's easy to see that, while there's nothing inherently wrong with a nice bath, the mornings are for showers because showers are for workers.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet