|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
5 Tips For Getting Great Deals On Used Books Online - Articles Surfing
Statistics show that nearly 48% of book buyers agree that there is no place better for purchasing used books than via the Web. With, literally, hundreds of sites to choose from and reportedly over 25 million selections available, there are at least 5 tips for getting great deals on used books online.
The most obvious and frequently visited online bookseller is http://Amazon.com, with a used books to match almost every new book they offer, plus thousands more. However, companies such as http://abebooks.com, http://alibris.com, http://powells.com, and http://betterthanchocolate.com along with a huge number of other sellers, advertise great deals on used books online, too.
+ The Top 5 Tips
1. Know exactly what you want: condition ('like new' as opposed to 'some wear and tear'); first, second, third, etc. edition; signed by the author; and similar considerations.
2. Set a price range: the cost of the book itself, shipping and handling (insurance) charges. These factors definitely vary from used bookseller to used bookseller. For example, both http://powells.com and http://ebay.com offer a used version of The Velvet Rabbit for the low price of $1.95; however, one seller tacks on $4.95 for shipping and handling, while the other offers free shipping and insurance because you're a regular customer. Another factor in setting a price range is to find out, if possible, what the book cost when new.
3. Don't be afraid to comparison shop: Another wise tip for getting great deals on used books online. Some sellers actually do this for you. Simply enter the name of the book, for example Paddle to the Amazon, and they'll automatically show that their price is the lowest compared to three other online used bookstore sites.
4. Investigate both larger and smaller companies: Bigger isn't necessarily better when purchasing used books online. When perusing online booksellers, it was relatively easy to find a small, rather obscure company that was selling a used version of Moby Dick for 89 cents, plus $3.95 for shipping and handling; while a much larger bookseller's lowest price was $2.99 with an additional $4.95 for shipping and handling. No doubt about the great deal here.
5. Look for two-for-one specials and other great offers: This is one of the best ways to get a great deal on used books online. Find a used bookseller who offers the book you want, plus another book (by the same author, on the same topic, etc.) at a two-for-one price. What could be better? The cost of shipping and handling is usually a flat rate for both books.
If reading is one of your passions, these 5 tips for getting great deals on used books online affords you the best ways to add to your home library at reasonable prices.
Because the market is so competitive, these large companies offer deals such as free shipping, two-for-one, extra value packages, and such other incentives to entice buyers. All you need to do is type in 'Used Books' and the names of dozens of sellers appear.
For more ideas, also check out: http://mysupertips.com
There are several advantages to shopping for used books online. In doing this, the choices are endless - literally A (Aardvarks) to Z (Zoos) - and everything in-between.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet