|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Jobs As A Private Investigator Agency - Articles Surfing
Work as a private investigator is not easy. This is because the methods used each time are different. When approached by a client, majority of the employees will conduct surveillance and other forms of information gathering that will be used to solve the case.
Private investigators such as lawyer specialize in certain fields. Here are some of assignments that an agency can work on.
1. Celebrities such as actors and singers usually hire agents as part of the security detail. There may not be any information gathering here but the duty is still to protect the client from harm.
2. A retail store may also hire a private investigator to combat shoplifting or pilferage. This shows that surveillance cameras and security machines stationed in various areas of the establishment are not yet sufficient to handle this task alone.
3. Insurance companies and banks also use the services of the private investigator before processing a loan or approving the claims. This is because there are a lot of incidents of identity theft and fraud, which can cost the firm millions of dollars.
The unique thing of being an investigator in this line of work is that many are certified public accountants so these people know what happens when dealing with numbers.
4. Law firms also use the services of a private investigator. These people help prepare in gathering evidence, locating witnesses, serving documents, interview police officers and witnesses in preparation for a case.
5. Corporate investigators on the other hand can conduct a background check before the applicant is hired for the job. These individuals may also conduct internal and external investigations about drug use in the workplace, information leakage, theft and fraudulent billing of products from suppliers.
The different jobs being a private investigator has widened the functions of anyone who wants to pursue this as a profession. Though the agent may be trained in physical surveillance, there is more to do now aside from following the subject around or watching at a distance from another building or vehicle.
The agent must now be good with a computer and other high tech equipment from having a still or video camera, a pair of binoculars, a cell phone and a note pad to report everything that transpired.
Those who used to work in law enforcement have an edge than those who don't but want to join the service. This can be balanced by enrolling in program to teach everything there is to know about being a private investigator.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet