|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Transportation Security Officer (TSO) Job And How To Get Tso Job - Articles Surfing
The Transportation Security Administration can't seem to find enough people to fill its job openings. At the top of these openings, are the Transportation Security Officer jobs. If you are a job seeker, by all means, you should consider getting one of these jobs. In this article, I will cover the things you need to secure the TSO job.
The Transportation Security Administration has recently made this job more appealing by establishing career tracks. You can start at the entry level as a transportation security officer or airport security officer as it is called by some people and work your way up. The higher position you attain, the more money you can make. You don't have to worry about being stuck in the same position for the rest of your career, like before.
If you get a job as a TSO employee, you will provide security and protection to passengers, airports, and aircrafts. Those that have done any travelling by air lately have seen transportation administration officers at work. They screen passengers and baggage to make sure nothing dangerous gets on the airplane.
To do this job well, you should posses the following skills:
1. The ability to communicate and give clear directions
2. The ability to make decisions in routine and emergency situations
3. The ability to maintain your focus and awareness in busy, distracting, and noisy situations
4. The ability to lift and carry baggage that weighs up to 70 pounds
5. The ability to operate an x-ray machine
6. The ability to identify and locate life threatening situations and devices. This could include devices that can be weapons of mass destruction.
7. The ability to stand for long hours
Transportation security officer must meet minimum educational qualification. They are:
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Proficiency in reading, writing, speaking, and listening
3. Successfully completion of required training. This includes 168 to 200 hours of classroom and on the job training
4. Pass a certification examination
5. Continue to take recurrent training
6. Continue to pass recurrent certification exams
One year of work experience can replace the above high school diploma or GED requirement. The accepted experience is work as a security officer, x-ray technician, or airport screener.
There are also additional requirements to getting the TSO job. They are:
1.You must be a US Citizen or National
2.You must pass criminal background check
3.You must pass credit history check
4.You must pass drug and alcohol screening
5.You must have good vision
6.You must successfully complete a medical evaluation
7.You must have at least an average hearing
Because of the level of terror threat all over the world, this has become a security sensitive job. Expect to be fingerprinted and photographed. Also be ready to complete some national security paperwork.
There you have it. The things you need to get a transportation security officer job. If you are interested in this career, there is no better time than the present to apply for the job. The Transportation Security Administration needs you and you will be providing a needed service. This service will lead to a nice career and benefits.
Note: You are free to reprint or republish this article. The only condition is that the Resource Box should be included and the links are live links.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet