|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Children Can Make A Difference For Human Rights!
(NC)�Why not celebrate Universal Children's Day on November 20th by doing an activity with your children? Here are a few ideas for how your family can promote and protect the human rights of all children around the world:
1. Write a letter: Families can write letters together to governments and opposition groups to speak out for children who face human rights abuses.
2. Be creative: Together you can make collages or do paintings about children's human rights.
3. Wear it on your sleeve: Making your own t-shirts or hats with a social message is fun and easy with fabric paints.
4. Explore other cultures: Attend a multicultural event or cook a new dish together.
5. Make movies: If you have access to a video camera, encourage your kids to make their own videos about children's human rights.
6. Start a family book club: If your kids are older, let them pick a book on a rights-related topic and discuss it as a family.
7. Bring it to school: Children can ask their teachers if they can do a special class activity for Universal Children's Day.
For a free information package about children's human rights, please write to Amnesty International, 312 Laurier Ave East, Suite 200, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 1H9 or call us at 1-800-AMNESTY (266-3789) or visit www.amnesty.ca.
- News Canada
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure