|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Children Can Make A Difference For Human Rights! - Articles Surfing
(NC)'Why not celebrate Universal Children's Day on November 20th by doing an activity with your children? Here are a few ideas for how your family can promote and protect the human rights of all children around the world:
1. Write a letter: Families can write letters together to governments and opposition groups to speak out for children who face human rights abuses.
2. Be creative: Together you can make collages or do paintings about children's human rights.
3. Wear it on your sleeve: Making your own t-shirts or hats with a social message is fun and easy with fabric paints.
4. Explore other cultures: Attend a multicultural event or cook a new dish together.
5. Make movies: If you have access to a video camera, encourage your kids to make their own videos about children's human rights.
6. Start a family book club: If your kids are older, let them pick a book on a rights-related topic and discuss it as a family.
7. Bring it to school: Children can ask their teachers if they can do a special class activity for Universal Children's Day.
For a free information package about children's human rights, please write to Amnesty International, 312 Laurier Ave East, Suite 200, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 1H9 or call us at 1-800-AMNESTY (266-3789) or visit www.amnesty.ca.
- News Canada
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet