|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Decorating Tips For Teen Rooms - Articles Surfing
Teen rooms can be a real challenge but they don't have to be. The most important thing to remember when decorating or redecorating a teen room is to keep an open mind and listen to your teen's thoughts regarding her own space.
You see, teens have their own style and in most cases desire a room the reflects their individuality. For parents sometimes it's hard to accept that our teens decorating ideas may not match our own.
You also need to consider what end of the teenage scale your child is on. Chances are a teens taste and sense of self will change considerably between 13 and 17. Hence, the reason to tread lightly with fads and trends that may be here today and gone tomorrow.
Air on the side of caution and put a spending cap on major d'cor items that may be trendy but expensive. This is achieved by keeping the core elements of the room simple and using trendy accessories to enhance not overpower the room.
* Update your teen's furniture with a coat of paint or other decorative touches.
* Turn a small table into a cool make-up vanity by painting it to match the room's d'cor.
For more teen room decorating ideas visit http://www.decorating-kids-rooms.net/teen-bedrooms-designs.html
* If your teen opts for a deep color on her walls, accent the room with a few bright accessories to bring a sense of warmth to her space.
* Use colorful bed linens to bring decorative elements together. Purchase extra sheets and use to make matching window and lamp shades.
* Looking for a little height and drama? Think vertical stripes in vibrant colors.
* Don't replace worn out wall-to-wall carpeting instead opt for a low maintenance painted floor with throw rugs.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet