|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Why You Need A Board Of Advisors/Mastermind Group
This week I�ve had a lot of discussions with people about Mastermind Groups. All large corporations have a Board of Directors to be sure the company stays true to their mission, hit their numbers and fulfill their responsibility to stockholders. Small businesses (even sole-proprietorships) need them too. But usually, only those small businesses who accept private funding (from banks, angel investors, venture capitalists) have outsiders on their Board of Directors. A professional Board of Directors may not always create a happy, supportive, safe environment for business owners to turn to for problem solving, brainstorming, or even feedback.
On the other hand, we all need a sounding board, experts on our side, and a safe haven in which to ask for and receive help and advice. Every small business owner, CEO, or entrepreneur (in my opinion) must have a Board of Advisors. The easiest and fastest way to put one together is to join/create a Mastermind Group where each member gets and gives equal doses of advice from the group. I wanted to share with you my top ten reasons why you need one.
1. In a Mastermind Group the agenda belongs to the group and each person's participation is key. Peers give each other feedback, help each other brainstorm new possibilities, and set up accountability structures that keep each other focused and on track. They create a community of supportive colleagues who will brainstorm together to move each member of the group to new heights.
5. You will find and attract people who can help and support you � good match for the long term growth and success of your business.
7. Share business models with each other and brainstorm with people who are already on the same wavelength. You get a sense of shared endeavor � that there are others out there!
8. You can walk away with a gem/perspective changed from each meeting � there�s no wasted time or energy.
9. Experience, skill and confidence develop from the Mastermind Groups� support freeing you to take more risks and reach for bigger goals and dreams.
10. The Mastermind Group will help you design your business (and your life) to be the way you want them to be, not as you've been told things should be.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure