|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Avoid Ruining Your Personal Injury Claims - Articles Surfing
As a victim of an automobile accident, you need to expound more ways, along with your auto accident lawyer on establishing a positive outcome for your personal injury claims. It is important to avoid the things that could wreck your claim for fair compensation and recover damages.
A highly acclaimed lawyer with experience and skill in auto accident cases know the factors that could affect a victim's personal injury case.
1. Jurors are usually highly suspicious whenever a lawyer and doctor in the case are on referral connections. Most accident lawyers must know that it would not do their client's claim any good if they are the one who referred a doctor for their treatments.
The insurance company has ways of finding out how many of the accident lawyer's clients have been referred to a certain doctor during the past months. Through this they can protest about the credibility of the doctor's testimony once they have found out that this medical service provider had patient's that were all being handled by the lawyer.
It is best for a client to avoid having anything to do with a medical service provider who is being referred enthusiastically by a lawyer.
Since an experienced accident lawyer may know about this anyway, you just need to be careful and avoid hiring a lawyer who insists on referring you one way or another.
2. Be aware that the defendant lawyer will be quite interested to know the accidents where you have been involved in the not so distant past. They will have their ways of getting access to this kind of information about you.
Insurance companies have databases containing this information. However, they may still ask such question to test your integrity on such matters.
Your lawyer may know this may create a problem to your case and investigate on such accidents to determine whether it could bring vital harm.
3. It is important never to hide any kind of injury that you have sustained during your accident. Coming clean and straightforward about your injuries on or before your accident is the best thing to do before your lawyer.
If you have consulted a health care provider on your past injuries before the accident or after, then there will always be existing records about it. You need not
hide it from your accident lawyer because eventually, your secret will be found out, either by the insurance company or the defendant's lawyer.
Your lawyer would consider it as a breach of trust especially if, depending on the circumstances, he/she was the one who discovered it.
4. If you have determined that one of the damages you felt was the loss of an income, remember that you can claim such only if your tax returns in the past are clean and reliable. If you do not have this, then be honest with your attorney so that he/she could find ways to mend this problem.
5. Once you filed your personal injury claim, remember that you may be put under the watchful eye of the insurance company. Private investigators may even be hired to monitor your activity on video.
Thus, if you have indicated in your claim that you have lost the ability to do certain things, beware of being caught in action doing activities you claim to have lost capability of doing.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet