|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
16 Golden Rules Of Master Copywriting
You could spend thousands of dollars on advertisement and have extremely low or no results in sales because of your poor-planned copy. You shouldn�t be amazed by the fact that huge corporations all over the world do that mistake and waste millions of dollars on false advertisement campaigns.
However, how can you write a good sales copy and killer ads that get the attention of people? There are no magic recipes for that, but you can follow some fundamental rules, which can lead to you to success if you adopt them properly.
1) Have a good product. Be honest and mean what you say or what you offer. Avoid the exaggerations and hyped claims. You stake your reputation and your business offline or online it doesn�t make any difference.
2) Have a plan on your trial and error period. Don�t expect to write your first copy and be a golden one. You will alter it many times, test it, retest it, try a new one and so on. Set a schedule for that. Do not fool around.
3) AIDA. It�s the proven and the bedrock of the copy process. Always follow it. AIDA
A= Attention. You must grab it instantly or you don�t have a chance.
I= Interest. You grab and keep their interest. If they get bored, they will leave.
D= Desire. Interest must be transformed into desire for what you offer.
A= Action. You must convince them to act now. Not tomorrow, next week e.t.c. They will forget it a few hours later.
4) Always work on your prospect's emotion. Most people buy something emotionally and then justify it rationally.
5) Headline is the Key. If it doesn�t grab their attention then they�ve gone away. Your headline must be a killer one.
6) Promote your best and strong benefit at first, not last. That�s how you are going to create interest and then desire.
7) Tell stories. That�s an excellent way to rekindle their emotion or even their passion. Stories always inspire.
8) Answer all the objections and questions you think your prospects would have. In that way, you will gain their trust.
9) Use bullet points for each of your benefits and bold, italics fonts for your text. Use the underline feature but not so often.
10) Give time limit. This is an excellent tool for calling your prospects to act now!
11) Offer testimonials. It is the mother of gaining-trust tools. Especially, if it is from someone important in your field.
12) Make them easy to buy. Don�t let them get lost in your web site. Make it as easy as possible.
13) Avoid graphics. They won�t help you. People are looking for information not images.
14) Give guarantees. Research has proved that when you have a long guarantee, your client will feel safer and that leads to fewer refunds too!
15) Never assume that your prospects know what you want to say. Always be specific and clear about your product or service.
16) Have your copy or ad checked by your friends, colleagues e.t.c. It�s better to have other views, after all, it�s a part of the testing process.
Here are some great headlines and emotional triggers.
Attract The Opposite Sex
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure