|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
7 Excellent Tips to Successful Telemarketing Online - Articles Surfing
Telemarketing is selling, telephone based collation of data, spreading information on services or products and appointment making. Recognized as a successful marketing tool telemarketing is used world wide to generate sales, subscriptions, and make B2B contacts.
Telemarketing is expensive as compared to sending out mailers in the post. But experience proves that telemarketing gets five times the response of direct mail. Telemarketing is an effective business generation tool provided:
1. The objectives are clearly delineated. Determine whether you want to promote a product, gather information from people, take orders over the phone, or communicate information. Get your sales and marketing team to ideate and set the goals clearly.
2. Set targets for the number of calls and decision making conversations of the number of successes to be achieved in each session.
3. Get in order a database that is relevant.
4. Decide on the pitch and make it as friendly and attractive as possible.
5. Always undertake a test run so that you can fine tune glitches.
6. Work on perfecting a script. This will act as a guideline for each call. The first two seconds or so must capture the attention of the target audience.
7. Work on the telemarketing exercise in a focused manner. Even if you are outsourcing the exercise make sure that the people making the calls understand your business and focus clearly. Both you and the telemarketing team will have to think alike for the exercise to be a success.
Telemarketing skills is all about managing time well and generating an interest in the sales pitch. Telemarketers must be friendly, convincing, positive and caring. The smile and joy must reflect in the voice and the speaking tone must be practiced and well modulated.
A well planned telemarketing exercise will help your business generate a database, building business contacts and leads, create an awareness of your business activities, and promote your products.
Tie-up with a telemarketing agency or handle the exercise yourself if you have the infrastructure. Since it is a long term relationship find a telemarketer you can strike a rapport with. Read as much as you can about telemarketing and learn about legal issues, best practices, and TPS registered telephone users.
Telemarketing is a successful business tool and will lead to good returns if planned well and implemented methodically. Among all the marketing exercises telemarketing has a proven success rate.
The World Wide Web has articles and in depth guides on telemarketing as well as online telemarketing professionals who will take care of all telemarketing needs.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet