|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Learn The Five Key Steps To Getting Free Publicity - Articles Surfing
For many of us, the idea of getting free publicity can be aconfusing and daunting task. So why do it? Because freepublicity really works and if you are looking for ways toattract new customers to your internet business, freepublicity is by far one of the best ways to do it. I amgoing to share with you five key steps to getting freepublicity for your products. They go as follows:
1) Website Focus: Make sure your site is focused on aspecific category of products. I cannot stress this enough.The editors will often check to see if your site featuresproducts that are in the same category as your productpress release. This is one of the key ways you can get freepublicity for your products. Because when you send out apress release on a new product, the editors will check yoursite to make sure that you offer similar products. Oncethey see that you offer a wide range of products in thissame category, you will greatly improve your chances forgetting free publicity for your products and website.
2) Target the right magazines for your products: I havetalked to many people who are tempted to send out theirpress releases to every magazine available. I stronglyadvise against doing this. It is simply not effective andcan even upset the editors when you send them informationnot related to their audience. It also reduces your chancesof getting in the magazines if you are sending out pressreleases to every magazine category. The key is to stickwith the most targeted magazines for your products and onlyemail them with your product announcements.
3) Be consistent and patient while emailing the editors: itis very important to be consistent when you email theeditors. Try to introduce a new product on a monthly tobi-monthly basis to the editors of the magazines. If you doit on a consistent basis before you know it, one of yourproducts could be picked up in one of the magazines. It isalso important to be patient with the process. You may nothere anything for a few months and then all of a sudden youwill find out that a magazine picked up your press releaseand is running it. On average it takes print magazines amonth to three months to print your press release. Foronline magazines you could have your press release pickedup within days or weeks. That is why it is important totarget both.
4) Be prompt to an editor's request:Be prepared when the editors contact you. Many times aneditor will want to contact you and ask some basicquestions about your company. Another reason they mightcontact you would be to include your product in their nextissue.
When this happens the editor will ask you for a 300 dpiphoto of your product to be e-mailed to them so they canput it in the magazine. Through the years of doing e-mailpress releases, I have learned to contact my suppliersbefore I send out a press release and ask them for a 300dpi photo. I keep the photo(s) on file in a computer filefolder marked 'editor's photos.' They are easy to retrieve,and since I already requested the picture ahead of time, Ican just retrieve it from my file and send it to the editorwithin minutes of the request.
5) Personalize the Press Release
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet