|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Finally--the Truth About America’s Healthcare Mess: Outspoken Doc Goes Beyond Michael Moore’s Sicko Movie
It’s controversial and eye-opening, and has been a much-talked-about topic at water coolers nationwide. But does Michael Moore’s stirring movie Sicko tell the whole story about America’s HEALTHCARE HAVOC? What more should people know about realities that could endanger their lives? And what can be done to heal America’s ailing healthcare system and MisManaged Care?
First, here are the disturbing facts:
1. We spend twice as much money on healthcare than any other nation.
2. The U.S. is the only industrialized nation without a national healthcare plan. At least 47 million Americans have no healthcare coverage. And 18,000 of these uninsured Americans will die needlessly every year. Another 3 million will go bankrupt paying outrageous medical bills.
3. Medical fees have been tightly restricted by Medicare and managed care Costs have skyrocketed from 1.3 trillion in 2004 to more than 2 trillion today. They’re expected to reach a staggering 4.1 trillion in 10 years.
4. Healthcare in America wastes more than 30% of our medical dollars on unearned profits and uncoordinated administration.
5. Inappropriate anti-trust laws further burden the system. Congress MUST correct this and provide healthcare for all Americans!
The Sicko Movie only touches the surface of our healthcare crisis! Americans need to know NOW about innovative low-cost solutions that will save lives while saving money: Introducing Good Medicine America, a simple, novel way to limit healthcare costs, insure all Americans and provide much-needed pharmacy coverage.
Healthcare decisions should be made at the bedside, not in the boardroom. Efficient management will accomplish this, cut medical administrative costs in half and:
- Provide the equivalent to an annual $1,000 BONUS for every man, woman and child in the U.S.
- Allow you to choose the doctors and hospitals you prefer… see specialists without special permission from an insurance clerk… use the lab and x-ray center of your choice… cover pharmacy charges and get the medicines your doctor prescribes.
- Improve quality of care and lower healthcare costs nationwide, all within budget.
- Be more than enough to insure all Americans.
America is also in a drug price crisis. Average U.S. retail prescription prices have doubled in the decade ending 2002. The price of drugs is forecast to increase by more than 15% annually over the next five years, as it has since at least 2000-2001.
But a groundbreaking new approach to resolving the American healthcare crisis aims to provide insurance for all Americans, and return healthcare decisions to patients and their physicians -- saving billions of dollars in the process. Drugs that are unique and have no competitors must be priced no higher than the median price for the same drug in the U.S., Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Sweden and Switzerland.
Popular author, speaker and sought-after interview guest Carter Multz, M.D., brings more than 40 years of knowledge and expertise to the table. The author of the critically acclaimed healthcare book, AMERICAN MEDICINE MISMANAGED CARE: How We Can Improve Quality, Cover the Uninsured, Add Pharmacy, and Have $Billions Left Over, Multz suggests using a coordinated, nationwide personal computer-based management system to cut-out the overwhelming amount of administrative paperwork currently required of doctors, hospitals, administrators and employers. He contends that the uncoordinated administrative demands of the complex American insurance system contribute substantially to high healthcare costs.
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B