|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Medicine FAQ: Finding The Right Doctor Or Alternative Medicine For You - Articles Surfing
* What is therapeutic medicine?
Therapeutic medicine refers to healing someone who is sick or hurt. Often it is contrasted with preventive medicine, which concentrates on preventing disease rather than healing it.
There is also physical therapy (P.T.), which is a branch of medicine concerned with manipulation of the soft tissues of the body. It is performed by a physical therapist who has received detailed training in anatomy, physiology and pathology. Physical therapy can offer relief for the patient by alleviating the pains and symptoms of a particular ailment. It is also used extensively in rehabilitating certain parts of the body after surgery or an accident.
* What is homeopathic medicine?
Homeopathic medicine is an alternate approach to traditional medicine that relies on a belief that herbs and other natural substances can be used to heal the body and maintain good health.
* What is alternative medicine?
Alternative medicine refers to any practice or treatment that is not generally accepted by the traditional Western medical community. It includes unconventional techniques and treatments that may be utilized in place of the established, standard treatments.
* How is preventive medicine different from wellness?
Preventive medicine deals with preventing illnesses and promotes the well-being and health of an individual, while wellness seeks to treat or cure an existing disease. Aside from the treatment, it may also offer other alternatives.
* How can I find the right doctor for me?
Finding the right doctor is important. You should always set standards in looking for a doctor. Here are a few pointers:
- Ask for referrals from friends who have experience with particular doctors.
- Ask about the most trusted doctors in your area.
- Find out about their specialities, accomplishments, training, and the seminars they have attended.
- Find the doctor that specializes in the disease you have.
* How do I report medical malpractice?
If you feel you are a victim of medical malpractice, report it to the concerned offices in your state immediately. This will prevent the doctor from having new victims. Below are the ways on how you can report medical malpractice:
- Go to the top authority of the clinic or hospital where you experienced the malpractice.
- Research the contact information for the agencies that deal with malpractice cases.
* If I signed an arbitration agreement, can I still sue a doctor who messes up?
An arbitration agreement is a written contract between two or more people to settle disputes out of court. The dispute may be about the performance of certain personnel -- for example, a doctor.
If the doctor has performed an illegal treatment or gives the wrong medication, the patient can still sue the doctor because according to the law, people are free to arbitrate in any case where they could take legal action.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet