|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
7 Exercises That Can Help Get Rid Of A Snoring Problem - Articles Surfing
The sound of snoring is caused by air struggling to pass through your nose and throat. If they are blocked or obstructed in some way, it can lead to snoring.
One of the more common reasons for snoring is when the muscles in the neck and throat are not well toned. With some simple daily exercises, you can firm up those muscles which will often help with your snoring.
Ask any professional singer and they'll tell you how important it is to do exercise daily that will help keep their air passages clear. Singers do exercises that help to tone their jaws, their tongues and their throats. Strong muscles in these areas will help them perform better.
These same type of exercises can help with a snoring problem in many cases, by helping to keep the airways clear and breathing easier.
Besides, you never know - these exercise might just help you win American Idol some day!
Here are 7 easy exercises that you can do anywhere to help tone your muscles:
1. Slowly open and close your mouth, to its fullest. Do it in a controlled way and ensure that your lips meet when your mouth is closed.
2. Pucker up as if you're going to blow someone a kiss, then hold it for 5 seconds before relaxing.
3. Practice your smile - make it big and exaggerated. Hold it for 5 second before relaxing.
4. Press your lips together and hold them tightly for 5 seconds, then relax.
5. Press your lips together and then make a sipping noise, as if you were sipping a drink.
6. Stick your tongue out as far as you can. Keep it straight and horizontal - don't let it droop.
7. Stick your tongue out to it's maximum and then move it side to side - touching the corner of your lips on both sides.
Practice these exercises for a few minutes every day and you may find your snoring problem will disappear before you know it.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet